10. SLOW GIRL

Orla tossed around on the bed, delineating her hand on the bed to find Betty. When she couldn't feel her presence, her eyes snapped open and hastily scrutinized the room for her stray cat.

 She was about to get up to look for her when she saw her curl up against her feet, blinking her cute eyes as if she was sad about something.

Orla heaved a relieved sigh, stretching her hands to pull Betty closer to herself. She snuggled her up in her arms and cuddled her up for some seconds.

"Now, let's begin the day." She smiled and let go. "You have to be careful around the house, this isn't my room, understand?" Drawing Betty's ears like she could understand her words.

She got out of bed and sashayed her way out of the tiny room she had slept with her cat. She got into the main bedroom and found the bed empty. Smiling, she let go of Betty and hurried into the bathroom.

She had no clue Callan was in there as she waltzed in and shut the door. She looked back to see Callan wholly naked and glaring hard at her. 

Orla's jaw dropped hard. She retreated, ready to run out of the bathroom, but she couldn't. She stayed there, her hands pressed to the door and her feet gummed up to the tiled bathroom floor.

"I, I…" She bowed her head to deter herself from feeding her eyes with Callan's hot naked body. She hadn't even properly seen him, but she didn't care about that, all that was on her mind was how to get out of the bathroom. "I am sorry, I didn't know that you were in here." She finally blurted out after struggling to find the words. "Could you please open the door and let me go?"

Callan let out a very dangerous chuckle that caused a bone in her to jerk. "I gave you my rules last night, didn't I?" He got off the bathtub, draped a towel around his wet body and moved slowly towards Orla, who was trembling as she stood there with him.

"Yes, you did…" She trailed off, trying so hard to focus and not to feed her eyes with his perfect manly and powerful body that was almost taking over her. 

She wanted to raise her head to admire how perfect her husband was, but she dared not. Not when Callan was glaring at her with those glassy eyes that scared her to death. 

"So, why are you here?" His voice was low, almost sounding like a whisper. "To check me out?" He moved closer, pinning her to the door. "To see my nakedness and maybe to tempt me, huh?" He quirked his brows, forcefully grabbing her tiny wrist. "You've failed, you've failed big time because you are not my type and I will never desire your body." He jabbed her arms and pushed her aside. 

Orla swallowed a lump that formed in her throat, her eyes moving up and down Callan's body. She never fantasised about a man's body, but for the first time in her life, she did. She wanted to know how it would feel to run her fingers through his broad and muscled chest, and link her fragile arms with his strong ones. 

She quickly shook off the thoughts when she noticed his eyes were on her the whole time she was thinking about touching him.

"When you are done ogling my body, you will get the fuck out of here, slow girl."

"Slow girl?" She caught the last words and repeated them after him.

"You heard me right. Slow is an honourable word to use for you because you are far worse than that. And all you can do is stand there and feed your eyes with my body." He shook his head like she was a sorry case. "I can't and will never want you. So, get the fuck out."

Orla had the strong urge to defend herself and explain to him that she didn't want him too. She just wanted to have a shower like any normal person would do, but she couldn't speak out the words that were piled up in her mouth and she hated herself for that.

Callan loosened the towel that was draped around his body and slowly lowered his body into the bathtub, he continued to wash, unbothered about Orla's presence.

"The door is locked." She said in a low voice.

"Try it again, Dummy."

She turned toward the door and tried to unlock it and she was successful this time. Callan had input the code when he grabbed her arms earlier. 

She pressed the doorknob, hurrying out of the bathroom before he got off the bathtub.

His words kept ringing in her ears as she found her way back to the tiny room she slept overnight. She found Betty running around the room and she didn't even bother to pick her up, she was the least of her problems right now.

"I do not desire your body too, I do not want your body too!" She yelled, slamming her fist into the pillow. "Arrogant bastard!" She murmured, uttering more cuss words at Callan as if he was there with her. "Who locks the bathroom door with a code?" That shouldn't be her problem but surprisingly it was. "Bastard!" She yelled.

She tried hard not to cry but she wasn't the type who could keep her emotions in check for too long. She rested her back on the bed and his words came to her. She reflected on them and tears stung her cheeks, she wiped off the tears as they dropped. 

She shouldn't be crying because of an asshole who claimed to be her husband, but it couldn't be helped.

"Betty," she called and the cat matched towards her, meowing as she neared her. "I don't know what to do. No one wants me, they all despise me." She hugged Betty to her chest and sobbed hard, still reminiscing the hateful words Callan said to her in the bathroom.

Though Betty was an animal, she was the only one in the whole world who made her happy.

 She always had her way of soothing her soul and sometimes, Orla wished Betty was real, she wished she was human and could communicate with her too, but it was all a wish. She was never going to be a real human, not in this world.

Faithy💓