43. YOU ARE NEEDED

Chapter dedication goes to ankiee123 and Wang_Dasu

"What's happening?" Orla followed Rosa's guide into the garage. She cast a glance at her and shook her head. She was not having this nonsense. "Rosa! Don't look at me like that! You barged in and walked me out of the house like I had stolen or done something wrong. Now I am asking what's wrong, but you don't have a response to give?"

Stalling her steps, she looked between Rosa and David, unyielding to David's eyes pleading for her to hop into the car. She turned back to face Rosa.

"That's it. I do not have a response to give to you. Don't you get it?" Rosa's irritation was apparent in the rough tone she used on Orla.

"I know we've never been friends and we will never be. But I must know what's going on before I follow you out of here. I demand a response."

Rosa absentmindedly smoothened her wrinkled forehead, her eyes flickering around the fleet of cars that were neatly aligned and draped with white and black polyester cotton in the garage. She didn't know why she was doing this too, but she had to.

"David, I can't deal with her please." Rosa rudely moved away from where she was standing with Orla. Walking towards David, she shrugged her shoulders and said. "If you can help me out, I will be glad." She slipped into the car, shutting the door in annoyance.

Rosa's insolence pierced Orla deep inside of her. She shouldn't care about Rosa. Her hatred might be because she was probably in love with her husband or maybe jealous that Callan have never looked her way. 

She wouldn't know. Orla wouldn't know, but at least her instincts were sometimes right and truthfully, that was what she thought the reason for the unnecessary hate might be.

"David, what's happening? Where is my husband and where are you two taking me?"

"Ma'am…" He gestured towards the car. "Please, just come in."

"I can't!" Orla raised her hand to put a stop to the nonsense they'd been displaying. "I can't. I have to call Callan. I don't understand this."

"He's not in the best position to pick your calls, Ma'am." He neared Orla, attempting to take the phone from her, but quickly melted in his steps when he thought of boundaries. "Please, Ma'am. You have to go with us. You are the major cause of this problem—everything is happening because of you and I am afraid you just have to be there to clear the air. The Boss needs you now. Please…"

"What's happening to Callan?" She looked at David, trepidation assaulting her. Her stomach churned and she tasted bile, sourer than it had ever been. She could throw up if David didn't tell her what trouble she had gotten Callan into.

"You have to come with us. He needs you now."

"David." She glared at him, holding his hand with her trembling ones. "Please, talk to me."

Out of annoyance, Rosa blasted the horn. She shot her head out to call them to order. "Common, things are getting worse. We have to be there now!"

David turned to Orla, "Please you have to come with us now. His phones have been taken away from him. He does not have anything, he needs you with him now. He has refused to converse with anyone but you."

Everything was confusing. The last time she spoke to Callan was the previous day. He sounded fine on the phone, he only mentioned that his meeting was postponed to the next day and he'd have to come back home a day later. 

The news didn't sit well with her, but she accepted it, anticipating her husband's arrival and not this shenanigans David and Rosa were displaying in front of her.

"I hope he's alright," tears gathered in her eyes, threatening to fall if she talked too much. "I hope Callan is fine?"

She tried to push away the thoughts of what would happen to her if something bad happened to Callan. She would be doomed, it would be over for her. She couldn't harbour the thoughts, but they crept into her mind, silently slicing her throat.

"Please, David. You have to say something."

"That's why you should come with us before it's too late," David said, shaking his head again. He looked so disturbed.

She quickly studied his sad eyes. They were pale like he hadn't slept for days. It was weird. Rosa never visited the house unless she had to work intensively with Callan. David was the only one who stayed in the house because of his chauffeuring job.

She stopped delaying and walked into the car with David. Sliding next to Rosa, she stared at her with pleading eyes, hoping she'd give her a heads-up. But Rosa didn't spare her a glance.

When Orla had settled down and David had driven out of the house. Rosa dramatically clasped her hands together, dropping them to her knees.

"I shouldn't have advised the Boss about you. I should have let him be. If I had left him, he would still be good today and we won't be doing this." Though she didn't look at her, Orla knew those words were for her.

She wondered what Rosa told Callan about her and what exactly was happening with her husband.

Tears she'd been holding back dropped, but she quickly wiped them off before anyone glimpsed them.

"What's happening to my husband?" She wanted to act strong but her trembling voice failed her. "What did I do?"

"You will find out when you get there."

Rosa's harsh responses were heart-wrenching but she was ready to receive them all if Callan would be fine.

She took out her phone and dialled Callan's number for the first time. It rang, but he didn't pick up. She called again, but no response and the third time, he switched off the phone.

At that moment, Orla's heartbeat intensified, and her feet stiffened to the car's mat. Her hands began to tremble, and the phone almost fell off, but she held back, resting her back on the seat.

Callan had never done that. He had never ended the call on her. His line had never been switched off. 

It was strange, everything that was happening was strange to her and she was really scared.

Her good and happy days with Callan just started. It just can't end now.

Hello guys.
This chapter is short because of the suspense.
What do you guys think is wrong? What has Orla done to put Callan in trouble?
Could this be a set-up?

Please drop your comments.
Second part drops tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

I love you all.

Faithy💓