28. AN UNEXPECTED VISITATION

They shouldn't have begun the whole thing if he wouldn't finish with her. Callan thought.

He dug his nails in his hair, aggressively scratching his head. He was lost for words, lost of thoughts, but he couldn't bring himself to go back to that room.

His cock jerked in his trousers. He was aroused and felt the need to spill out his seed. Teasing Orla had set him in the mood, he needed to have sex. Playing with himself was not his thing, but calling one of his whores to meet at the penthouse could satisfy his concupiscent needs that night.

Without shilly-shallying, Callan fumbled his hand in his pocket and pulled out his phone to dial the quickest number he could reach.

He grabbed the car keys, buttoned up his shirt and dashed out of the living room before Orla showed up. He was subconsciously reminded of the fact that he was going to cheat on his wife again, but he ignored it. At that time, it was best for him to ignore it.

His selfishness obscured other emotions as he drove towards the penthouse to meet up with the whore he had invited over. He was certain that the whore would be present before his arrival. Calling them was an opportunity after all.

-

-

Orla couldn't bring herself to sleep after Callan left the house. She remained on the bed, sickly naked.

Heavy tears bedazzled her bleary eyes, there was nothing else she could do but cry.

The resentment in Callan's eyes when he found out that she was a virgin still scared her, that expression, how he went from hundred to zero, how he walked away and never looked back to even see her face. How he didn't come back to check if she was fine or hurt, how he left her in the lurch.

How selfish and insensitive he was.

She regretted instigating the conversation about sex and asking questions that she shouldn't ask. It was more than just sleeping with a virgin, it was something more but she couldn't decipher. Orla wiped her tears and rose to her feet, wrapping the duvet around her body. She sauntered into the bathroom and set herself in the bathtub.

She moistened herself in the water filled with the lavender bathing soap, lazily washing her body as she thought of what just happened between her and Callan. Now, she was certain that she disgusted him and he wouldn't ever want her.

The clean water gushed out, clearing away the froth that formed on her skin. Her tears blended with the water as she made a promise never to bother Callan about anything that had to do with sex.

If he didn't want her, then so be it. She wouldn't give him the impression that she wanted him anymore, and even if she did, she would keep her desires to herself-that was better than leaving her in the middle of foreplay.

She stayed hours longer than usual in the bathroom, hoping the water would wash away her agony, but it didn't. The pain remained as she thought of the things that hurt her, it would take time to let go, but until then she planned to completely avoid Callan and everything that had to do with him.

After the long bath, Orla left the bathroom and didn't go back to sleep in the room. She took her phone with her, carried Betty and slipped into one of the guest's rooms she had never been to since she started living with Callan.

The guest room was big, but smaller compared to the room she shared with her husband. The colour and the setting of the room were all black, different from the whitish structures of their room. There was nothing about that room that was similar to the bedroom, nothing to remind her of Callan and that soothed her. That was what she wanted, to completely forget that he existed in her world.