20. KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR

Mia was the first to spot Orla approaching them, she called the attention of her other sisters and they rushed to the middle of the lobby, stylishly crossing her before she joined them. 

The other three sisters smiled at the guests, gesturing to them to drink up and eat to avoid getting involved in their drama with Orla.

Mia's grip was hard on Orla, bruising her skin as she hauled her out of the lobby down to the garden. The rage that surged through her smite Orla, she almost regretted why she had to do that now. Callan wasn't near, no one was near to save her.

"How dare you?" Mia yanked her arm off her, flinging her away. "How dare you ruin the party?" Her palm flew up and swiftly it collided with Orla's face before she could swerve.

"She sure has some nerves, who the hell do you think you are?" Camilla whisked towards them, tugging at Orla's hair. She pulled it so hard that her scalp began to hurt.

She was striving to get her hair off her sister's hand when Emma showed up, slapping and deterring Orla from fighting back.

"You ugly wench!" Emma squeaked.

"Please let me go, please." Orla cried out. Her face, her head and her body ached all over. She tripped and fell flat. Looking up at her angry sisters, tears blurred her vision.

"Do you think you can do whatever you want because you are married to Callan? Huh, do you?" Mia barked. She nurtured a special beef for Orla because she took Callan from her. "You dare show up here and even have the nerves to step forward to do what? Huh, what the heck did you think you were doing by coming towards us?" 

"Do you think you are one of us because you are dressed up in this filthy dress? Have they seen the face behind the ugly shitty face that you carry around?" Emma kicked her hard in the tummy. "You are so dumb, I hate you so much."

Orla managed to hop on her feet, she looked at her body and tears flowed down her cheeks. Hot, heavy and painful tears.

"I saw her husband, he was right there sitting. I guess he doesn't want to be seen with her." Camila laughed loudly.

"It's just a matter of time, he will kick you out of the house and you will be left on the streets. Until that time comes, you should stay out of our business. You do not by any chance belong to the Sullivan family, we do not recognise you as one of us." Mia swished her fingers at Orla.

Callan had been searching for Orla. The last he saw of her before going out to pick up a call was when she was heading forward to take pictures with her family. He got back inside and didn't see her, three of her sisters were missing too and she wasn't back at their table. He got the cue, Orla was outside crying or getting bullied by her sisters.

He slid out of the event room, heading towards nowhere in mind. He felt the need to look for her and there, he finally found her in the garden, amidst her sisters. Her head was down, her hands on her back, he heard her small sniffles and it sliced his heart.

He walked closer. "I have been looking for you, Orla." He reached for her hand, ignoring her sisters. "Are you alright?" He hugged her briefly and then planted a soft kiss on her forehead to soothe her. She had been crying so much.

"I am fine," Orla said in a low voice, glad Callan was with her.

"What did they do to you?" He tried to conceal the vicious side of him, but these ladies just summoned the devil in him. He cast them a glare, his teeth gnashing. "What the fuck did you do to my wife?" He slowed down after realising they were women and he couldn't hurt them.