51. FORGIVE HIM

Chapter dedication goes to @JosefinaCervantes363 and toorbina

Orla found the solace she had yearned for all week as she sat at the pool ledge in their home, her hands were conventionally supporting her chin. 

She let her mind stray around everything that had been happening in her life lately.

Things were both good and bad. Good because she was doing exceptionally well at work, but bad because she still hadn't made up with her husband and didn't plan to do so anytime soon.

She didn't want to let go, it was hard to. The  thoughts of divorce had almost wrecked her, she was so scared she might actually go with what was on her mind, but was she ready for the aftermath? 

At a distance away from her stood a younger version of herself, staring intensely at her. Orla looked closely only to realize it was Isla. Heaving an exasperated sigh, she waited for her twin sister to catch with her where she was seated.

As soon as Isla was close, she got to her feet, stepping away from the poolside. "Isla, why are you here?"

"Why am I here?" Isla's little voice pealed  with animosity. "This house belongs to our Father, I have equal rights as you have to be here." Stepping some paces away, she took her eyes off Orla.

Orla remained quiet.

"I see you have been thinking about what to do with Callan and you haven't gotten a definitive answer." Roaming the pool, apprehension grasped Isla. 

Orla could see the fear in her eyes, like she didn't want her to come close, like she would push her into the pool if she was closer. She sighed, stepping farther away from her sister, but not too far not to hear her words.

"Callan cheated on me with our Sister and some sluts that I don't even know. What should I do? I can't keep going, this marriage was built on infidelity." Tears pooled in her eyes again. She had avoided crying whenever she thought about Callan, but it didn't work. 

It hurt so much, the pain was killing.

"And do you think leaving him is the best thing to do?" Swiftly, Isla appeared right in front of her sister, almost closing the distance between them.

"He hurt me," Orla answered, dropping her head. She couldn't stare into her sister's face. She lacked that courage, she couldn't even help her when she was in danger, she didn't deserve to be called a sister.

"And what do you think love is all about? All sweet and roses without thorns? Huh?" Hands joined together, she shook her head, smiling sheepishly at her twin.

"I don't know, Isla. Maybe I don't know what love means." She shrugged in defeat, daring to stare into her sister's face.

"He hurt you and he begged with all that he has, he vowed never to do that again, but you still want to leave. Where do you plan to go if you leave him?"

She had thought severely about it, there really wasn't anywhere to go. But she didn't respond to Isla. How did she even know that she planned to leave Callan? 

She had never said it to anyone aside from when she mentioned divorce to Callan. Could Callan have told Isla about it? She shook the thoughts off her head. Callan didn't know Isla.

"Isla," This time, the courage rubbed heavily on her. Orla stepped closer and looked into her eyes, beholding her soft gaze.

Looking closely into her eyes, she noticed that was the first time she wasn't mad at her since she had been appearing to her in her dream, that was the first time she was staring differently at her without accusative gazes, that was the first time she felt the closeness they used to share before she died.