19. PARTY GUESTS

The dress was gorgeous. Liam went all the way out this time. Orla knew Liam was good, but he outstripped her expectations.

"This is beautiful," she remarked for the tenth time that evening.

She gushed at herself, her eyes unmoving from the V-neck, open-back red gown that enveloped her. Running her fingers through the silky material, she let out a smile. 

The front slits ran from both thighs down to her feet, hiding her toes and revealing more skin. She loved everything about the dress, it suited her perfectly, analyzing her slender frame in a glamorous way. Sexy. That was the best word to describe how she looked right now.

"He took his time to make this," the brunette applied the final touches of makeup to Orla's face when she sat back, stretching back to take a full glance at her handiwork.

It was perfection at its peak, the colour combination blended with Orla's skin, leaving it smooth and glossy. She nodded her head in gratification.

"I have to take some pictures, the boss needs to see this." She squealed, bustling towards the vanity table to grab her camera.

Orla smiled, Liam had professionals all around him and she admired that.

"My name is Lola. You can always call on me to give you something like this." She said, gesturing to Orla's face. "My Boss taught us well."

"Thank you so much, Lola." Orla was satisfied with what she saw in the mirror. She arranged the tendrils that were falling from her hair in place, looking into the full-length mirror again.

"If gorgeousness was a person, that would be you," Lola smiled heartily, taking pictures of Orla. When she had captured her in different poses, she dropped the camera and smiled again. "You have to go meet your husband downstairs, we've taken enough time."

"Sure," Orla bent a little to fit her feet into the nude ankle straps heels. "Thank you." She said again when she was done.

"Sure," Lola arranged her makeup equipment back into the makeup box and straightened up. "Common, I'd like to present you to Mr Barlowe, he needs to see how lucky he is to have you as his wife." She reached for Orla's hands but she pulled away.

"That wouldn't be necessary, Lola." she said, hurrying out of the guest room.

Orla clutched her long dress with her hands as she walked down the hallway, and she soon noticed Lola's footsteps behind her. 

The stairs were closer and she decided to make use of them instead of the elevator. She gently descended the stairs, her heels clanging hard against the tiles. She got to the living room and Callan was on a call, his back turned to her.

A sigh left her mouth, she didn't have to give him a full look before commenting that he was hot. Even his back, his posture was sexy as hell.

When he turned towards her, she took him in at a glance. Tousled hair. Black slim fit suit. Black Tom Ford lace up shoes. His mint and woody scent assailed her nose, he scented like a billionaire, like Callan Barlowe. What a beautiful man.

"I will leave now, the driver is waiting outside." Lola's loud voice intruded her daze.

"I will see you some other time." She hugged Lola and waved her goodbye.

If Callan wasn't with her, she was certain she would have relinquished her interest to attend the party. Arnold had celebrated his birthday over the years, but she had never attended.

She was always locked up in her room and the one time she was allowed to attend, she was severely warned not to act like his daughter. She was just meant to stay in the crowd and watch from afar. Sophia had given her one of her old dresses to don.