CHAPTER 9

“You’re leaving me?” Aliah complained childishly, holding on to Amanda.

“It’s just gonna be for a short while, come on.” She struggled to get her off of her.

Amanda was leaving for another sale they were making with Callum.

“But then both of you are leaving…not fair. At least one should stay and give me company.” Aliah complained again, looking at Callum who was also about to get into the car.

“I am here.” Brenda told her.

“You like concentrating on your little series.”

“But you also watch.”

She whined childishly.

“You are just being childish.” Amanda said getting in her car.

Callum almost got in but Aliah stopped him. “You do know that I need to go with her, right?” He reasoned. Aliah looked at him with a pleading face. “If anyone sees her, they might think it’s you.”

“But you said that you changed the meeting area.”

“And it’s still not safe.”

“She has a gun.”

“Aliah…” He pleaded softly

“Let Brenda go with her then you stay here with me.”

Callum looked at her.

“Come on…” She kept on pleading.

“That girl wants attention, I’m telling you.” Amanda started the car.

And it was obvious she was going to take Callum’s.

“Brenda…” Callum called. “…come.” Brenda walked towards him. “I need you to escort…”

“Oh, she did not just manipulate you.” Amanda chuckled, cutting him off. “Works all the time, like magic.”

Aliah smiled.

“But I was getting my rest today.” Brenda also complained.

“Just for today until we sort some issues.” Callum begged her.

"What issues?" Brenda folded her arms with a frown on her face.

Callum pleaded in frustration. "Just...please..."

Brenda narrowed her eyes at Amanda in the car, with a knowing look. “She’s manipulative.”

Amanda grinned, “You have no idea. Like I said, just like magic.”

Callum looked at his little sister.

“Okay fine.” Brenda agreed.

“Whoa! I see he also has it in him.” Amanda remarked at how easily Callum convinced Brenda.

“Ha-ha .” Callum looked at Amanda.

“I’ll go get my phone and headphones.” Brenda headed back inside.

“I wonder just who will be manipulating who.” Amanda said, looking at the two. Callum just rolled his eyes.

Brenda came back and the two girls left.

“Don’t be naughty.” was Amanda’s last words before her car disappeared.

“So…what do you wanna do?” Aliah asked.

Callum looked at her. “I thought you had everything planned out in your head." Aliah gaped at him, clearly having nothing in mind. He smirked. It was beautiful, it almost knocked the breath out of her. Or it did. He said, "You wouldn’t mind taking a walk back in the woods, right?”