CHAPTER 16

“Come on you guys! Wake up! Geez!”

Aliah and Callum woke up to the sound of Amanda hitting their tent and ranting. Callum turned his sleepy eyes towards his wristwatch to look at the time.

“Shit!” He shot up.

“What is it?” Aliah asked.

“I think we slept in.”

“Yeah, you did!” Amanda responded from outside.

They both got up and scrambled to get dressed from inside, Aliah putting on his big t-shirt and her underwear while he struggled to put on his sweatpants.

After enough scrambling, they finally unzipped the tent and stepped out with Aliah flushing.

“Great! I’m making eggs for the breakfast burritos.” Brenda said as she cooked the scrambled eggs.

“Don’t try to ignore the elephant in the room, Brenda.” Amanda said, “I mean we had the whole house but you two thought it was wise to fuck inside a tent where everyone and every creature in the forest could hear you.”

“Amanda!”

“Don’t Amanda me!” she turned to Aliah.

“I don’t understand why you’re complaining when you’re the one who stole my sound-canceling headphone and left me to listen in.” Brenda looked back at Amanda.

“Well, you didn’t want to wake up so I thought you wouldn’t hear them.”

“Well, I did. Loud and clear.” Brenda put the egg on a plate.

Amanda laughed at her, “Either way, I didn’t want to know this was taking place in the first place.”

“Can the two of you stop whining?” Callum said.

“Whining is what the two of you sounded like last night.” Amanda turned to him, “I should kill you for fucking her.” She turned to look at Aliah. “I mean seriously, You couldn’t do Brenda at least... Or me? I give a good fuck!” She teased.

“Ew!” Aliah said then turned to Brenda, “I really need that burrito now.”

“Good! Put the kettle on the fire for coffee.” Brenda ordered her.

“But...”

“Did you really think you’d just wake up and have breakfast served for you like royals?” Brenda looked at her, “Put the kettle up if you want coffee.”

After that little fiasco, they all sat down and had breakfast and coffee while chatting. After all the adventures and exploring, they left to fly home with Amanda driving after they arrived, while singing along with Brenda on her side and Aliah in the back seat in Callum’s arms, receiving kisses on her forehead, temple, and cheeks.

When they arrived at the house, they were welcomed by Stewart who Callum a rundown on how things went when they were away. When Callum was done with Stewart, he walked into the living room to head to his room like the rest of them.

“Wait, I have an announcement.” Amanda started and they all stopped to look at her. She was holding her phone in one hand. “We are going out tonight... to party...”

Aliah released a big smile.

“Excuse me!” Callum exclaimed in surprise.

“Amanda, we just got back.” Brenda complained.

“I know, that’s why I’m informing y’all early so that you don’t say I didn’t tell you.”

“But Amanda...”