Chapter 6- Do I really..?

IM SORRY YOU GUYS IM TERIRBLE AT UPDATING 😪

3rd Person POV

Hailey was laying flat on her back in bed, zoning out. She didn't know what to feel at the moment. Nor did she know what time it was.

She was hugging a pillow to her chest as she stares at her ceiling, not being able to see it anyway, it was too dark.

She finally decided to check the time turning her head and sticking her arm out toward her nightstand, touching her hand all around the nightstand until she found her phone, grabbing it and turning it on.

The time read 3:19AM.

"Have I really been up this long?! I need to get some sleep."

She put her phone back onto her nightstand and flipped onto her left side. Closing her eyes to try and get some sleep.

_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~~_~~_~~_~_~_~~_~_~

The next morning (not rlly bc it was morning 🤷‍♀️)

Hailey maybe had gotten 2 hours of sleep. She didn't know why she couldn't sleep just because of Jake. They were never that close, other than when they were little, so she didn't know why she was acting like this after Jake unfriended her.

She grabbed her phone again and looked at the time. 5:03AM. She decided she was going to get up and get ready for school. There was no point trying to get even more sleep. It was hopeless.

Zander POV

I was peacefully sleeping when I heard a door open. I didn't know what time it was, but I hope I didn't oversleep.
I open my eyes, I feel groggy. I grab my phone to check the time. "5 in the morning?! Who's up at this time?!"

I decide to get up and see who's interrupted my beauty sleep.
I walk out the door while yawning and see Hailey.

She's walking down the stairs. "Hailey?" I call out to her, not loudly. I'm still tired.

She stops and turns her head towards me. "What are you doing up? She asks me. She looked really tired.

"Answer me first, why are you up?" I cross my arms at her.
She rolled her eyes, "I couldn't sleep, that's all." Before I could answer her she sped down the stairs.

I just shrugged my shoulders and went back inside my room to sleep.

Hailey POV

While I prepared myself breakfast, I think to myself. "I mean, Jake is pretty stupid. I'm pretty sure I could tell him the rumors are fake, and we could be friends again.!"

I thought for a few more seconds,
then sighed. "If only it was that easy.." I mumble under my breath.

3rd Person POV

Hailey finished her breakfast, which was just a simple bowl of cereal. She sets the bowl at the table and puts the milk and cereal away. She sits down at the table and gets a spoonful of cereal, just before she took a bite, someone else speaks.

"Hailey?" Michael says.

She quietly groans. She didn't want any human interaction at the moment. She forgot that her dad wakes up early every day.
"Hey, dad." She says uninterested, not bothered to look at him.

"What are you doing up this early? Don't you get up at 7?" Michael questions.
"Yeah. Just couldn't sleep." She says laying her cheek on her palm.
"Oh, Okay." He says as he walks over to his coffee maker.