Chapter 7- I really do.

Jake POV

It's been about a week or so since I called Hailey a slut. I regret it so badly. Hailey has not left my mind ever since then.

Everything happened so quick I could barely comprehend what happened. Now that I think about it, whatever rumor Milly posted about Hailey was probably not true at all.

I mean, Hailey isn't like that. She can barely make friends because of Milly.
"I need to talk to her, and apologize properly. Though she probably doesn't want to talk to me at the moment."

"I'm definitely going to talk to Milly first. I don't even know why i'm still hanging with her." I frown and pull my phone out. Milly forced me to add her
number on my phone, though I never added her contact, so it was just a random number with no profile picture.

I open my phone and a search for her empty contact.

         (680) 324-6969

"Hey Jakey! ❤️"
Yesterday, 3:04 PM

_~_~_~_~_~~|_||_~|_~_~_~~_|_|_||_

I stared at the text is disgust, I hadn't seen it until just then.
"Maybe it's not the best idea to text Milly, I'll just wait until tomorrow."
Jake mumbled to himself

I set my phone down on my nightstand and lay my head down onto my pillow.
Since I had nothing to do, Hailey just so decided to sneak back into my mind again.

I couldn't stop thinking about her, she was so pretty. She was so kind as well, who wouldn't want to be her friend?

3rd Person POV

Jake rolls over onto his side and stayed up for hours thinking of a good way to apologize; Though it really was just him thinking about her.

_~~_~~_~~_~_~_~_~_~_~~~_~~_~_~__~
Next morning

Jakes alarm unpleasantly woke him
up. He groaned and turned his alarm off, dragging himself out of bed so he could brush his teeth.

He gets ready or whatever

At school

While Jake was walking the halls to get to his locker he spots Hailey with her stepbrother, Zander. They're both walking by.
"Hey Hai-"

Jake calls out to her, though he gets cut off when they both completely ignore him.
"What the hell?"
Jake thinks to himself

He continues walking to his locker, confused on why they would ignore him (WHO CAN GET MORE STUPID THAN THIS 😐)

Right after Jake gets his stuff from his locker he realizes the time. He was going to be late to first period.

Hailey didn't want to go to first period, but was she going to try and skip again? No. She'd most likely get caught. She just has to power through
1st period and that was it.

Hailey arrives to class and sees Jake already sitting in his seat. She rolled her eyes and took a seat avoiding all contact possible.

"Hailey!" Jake whisper yells. Hailey continues to ignore him
Jake quietly groaned, sitting back into his seat and crossing his arms.

He was going to have to get in contact with her, if anything would be better between them again.
He threw crumpled note onto her desk, hoping she would actually read it.

She noticed the note fall onto her desk, hesitantly taking it and opening it,

"Please meet me behind the school at 3:45? I need to talk to you."
-Jake

She scoffed crumpling it back up and throwing it under her desk.
Jake hadn't noticed that, but he knew she probably wasn't going to go, so he gave up.

After school

This would be Jakes opportunity to talk to Milly. After searching in the halls for at least 10 minutes, he found her. She was talking to some friends and when she saw her he heard her "Shoo! Shoo!" to her friends while waving her hands.

Jake walks up to her immediately while Milly shares that stupid smile of hers "Hey Jak-" Before she could continue Jake cut her off.

"Why'd you post a rumor about Hailey in the first place?" Jake snaps at Milly, not very loudly but loud enough.

Milly shares a confused look, answering afterwards.
"Tch! What kind of a question is that? She's a loner, and such an easy target."

Jake groans quietly, "You're the reason she can't make any friends in the first place! Don't talk to me anymore."

Jake walks away ignoring her calls.
He checked the time. 3:52pm.

He knew Hailey wouldn't show up so he was just going to leave school.

*bing*

Jake groaned at hearing his phone. It probably was Milly trying to text him, he pulled it out and his eyes went wide.

__~~~~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~_~~_~_~~_~

                  Hailey :0

Hailey- are you coming or not?

~_~_~_~~~_~~_,__~_~_~_~_~_~_~~__~

He grew a smiled and started running towards the back of the school.

Hailey POV

Was he ever going to show up? I had to text him to remind him. I'm about close to leaving.

I hear panting and footsteps, turning my head to see Jake running towards me. I take a deep breath, is what i'm doing right?

He approaches and and I put a moody face on.
"Hailey. All I want to do is apologize. I didn't mean to call you that."

"Why'd you call me that anyway..?" I end up asking him.
"When you were coming up to me, I don't know.. I felt... Scared? I don't know why I was feeling like that. Do you think you could forgive me.?"

Jakes head hung low when he said the last sentence.
I take another deep breath and think.
"I guess I might've overreacted a bit.
I guess I can forgive you."

I could see Jakes face light up as he ran up to me and hugged me very tightly. I hug him back, a smile growing onto my face.

The moment he hugged me, it felt like my shattered heart had been put back together. Being separated from him for that long made me feel heartbroken.

It finally hit me.

Mum was right.

I really do have a crush on Jake.

I really do.

_~_~_~_~~_~_~~~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_

IM SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER WAS SHIRT AND CRAPPY. its been liek 2 weeks since i posted? probably more.

i just wanted to finish it so i apologize again if it's crappy

see ya!