Chapter 11-

Jakes mom looks through the rear view window and sees Jake and Hailey joking around. She smiled at the two before speaking, "So Jake, is this the girl you were talking to me about.?"

Jakes face tints a light pink. "Yeah.."
He replies. "You know Janis is gonna freak and interrogate her when we get home." Jake doesn't reply as he hears Hailey whispering, "Should I be worried about that?"

"Nah, it's fine. She's usually at her friends houses after school so i'll sneak you into my room before she gets home." Jake whispers back.

Soon after they pull up into Jakes driveway, they all get out of the car, bringing their backpacks alongside them. Jake opened the front door, "Welcome to my house." Jake says with a warm smile. Hailey's cheeks flushed a dark red. She shook those thoughts away, and placed her backpack down on the floor, next to where Jakes was.

"Jakes home!" Milo screams from the kitchen, his voice becoming more audible as he ran towards the front door. Soon they Milo, and he runs up to Jake giving him a hug. "Hey weirdo." Jake says as he ruffles Milo's hair.

Hailey smiles at the two; It reminded her of how Bethany would react when she came home from school. Milo releases his embrace and looks over at Hailey. "Oh, did you bring your girlfriend too?" Both Jake and Haileys eyes go wide at the question. Jake replies flustered, "No no no.. It's not like that.! She's just a friend."

Hailey looked down, a little hurt at Jakes words. "She's just a friend."

She brushed it off thereafter, grateful she was even friends with Jake. And that they kissed but that isn't really important. (it is)

"Anyway!" Jake says trying to change the topic. "Milo, where's Janis?"

"Uhm.. She's with her friends somewhere. She's gonna be home for dinner though."

"Alright, thanks." Jake looks over at Hailey, "Let's go to my room?" Jake asks. "Yeah, let's go." Hailey grins as they both walk to Jakes room.

_~_~_~~_~_~~~_~~_~_~_~_~_~~_~~_~~

45-60 minutes later

The front door opens, and someone enters through. "Im home!" Janis yells out. She takes her shoes off and walks into the kitchen, where she finds her youngest brother and her mom. "Hi Janis!" Her mom says. "Wash up for dinner, there's about 10 minutes before it's ready.

15 minutes later

Janis takes a seat at the dinner table. "Wheres Jake?"

"Oh, he's up in his room." Her mom replies taking a bite of her food. "He has his girlfriend over right now!" Milo replies, knowing well Jake and Hailey weren't dating. (yet)

Janis slams her hand against the table. "JAKE HAS A GIRLFRIEND?!"

Jake and Hailey were playing an online game with each other, joking and laughing about, both sitting on Jakes bed. When they hear:

"JAKE HAS A GIRLFRIEND?!"

Jake hears his older sister and puts his phone down. He puts his hands over his eyes and he falls onto his back. "Milo probably told her something.." Jake mumbles

Hailey looks at Jake and giggles. She looks down at her phone, continuing the game. Jakes face scrunches at the sound of Hailey giggling, his hands still covering his eyes. He though Hailey's giggles were the cutest sounds to come out of her mouth.