Chapter 9 - Advice from a sibling

The next day
Jake POV

Hailey asked we meet at the flower field for lunch, luckily I remembered where it was.

I walk up to the flower field and I see Hailey sitting criss cross.
She looks up and smiles at me. I smile back.
"Hey Jake!"

"Hey princess.!" I wink to Hailey as a joke, but she ended blushing like mad, and so did I.

"So Hailey.. I have a recording of Millicent."

"What?! You do? How? When? Where?"

"Jeez Hailey, calm down. Here, i'll let you listen."
Jake sat down across from Hailey and set his phone down, opened the audio file and started playing.

"I need a new method to get that stupid Hailey to leave the school! I tried to get Jake wrapped around my finger but he eventually left.. The rumors are getting old. The only thing the last rumor did was bring her reputation down, but also got other people looking at her like they liked her! Plus, Jake is like-"

Jake pauses the audio recording.
"And that's what she said!" Jake nervously giggles

"Wait, but why'd you stop it? It wasn't finished."
Quickly making up an excuse, "Well, I was about to finish recording so-"

"Plus, Jake is like IN LOVE with Hailey! Just the way I see him look at Hailey in the halls everyday is proof enough." Hailey had rewinded and played the part Jake paused.

They both blush profusely
"Haha.. Well. Uh, That's just Milly for you I gu-" Jake looks up and sees Hailey moving towards him. "What are you doing?" The blush on his face growing even more, if that's possible.

Unexpectedly, Hailey quickly leaned in, sharing a kiss with Jake.
Jake was taken aback by the sudden action, eventually kissing her back, his hand on her cheek.

The kiss lasted about 30 seconds before Hailey pulled away, her eyes going wide, "O-Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me..." Hailey said putting her hand on her arm.

Jake pulls Hailey into a hug for a few seconds. He pecks her forehead, then releases her, making Hailey look straight at him.
"I love you so much Hailey. But nobody can know about what just happened."

Hailey blushed at the first sentence, then replied
"I love you too.. And I agree. Nobody can know."

~Bell rings~

"Let's head to class then." Hailey stands up, helping Jake up.

A/N
here's basically why they can't let people know:
-jake is new (school thinks it's weird for a new kid to randomly date the loner)
-milly will do some crazy shit because of it
-their parents
- they re met each other 4 days ago (love at first sight pookies)

so they love each other, they just can't become an item, or tell anyone that they kissed 😋

_~_~~_~_~_~~_~~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~~

After School
Jakes room in his humble abode

Jake sat in his room replaying the actions at school in the flower field that day.

He needed to talk to someone about it.

He has no other friends. ( lalaloser 😋)
Milo would totally tell their parents the second he finished talking about it.
The only person he can trust to keep secrets, was his older sister Janis.

After he mustered up the courage to talk to his sister, he knocked on her door, "Hey Janis, can I come in?"

A few seconds later he hears his sister from the other side of the door
"Yeah, come in!"

Jake slowly opens the door, letting himself in. "Let me guess..." Janis put a finger on her chin, pretending to think, "You need to talk to me about the kiss you and your 'friend' had today?"

Jakes eyes go wide as he immediately closes the door, "What?! How did you know?!"

"You're lucky I was in the room with the window that leads DIRECTLY to the flower field. I closed the blinds. Anyone could've seen."

Jake embarrassed, covered his face with his hands, "Just, don't tell anyone about it.. Okay?"

Janis gets up from sitting on her bed, walks up to Jake, and removes his hands from his face, holding them in her grasp.
"Don't worry little bro. You know I wouldn't tell anyone anything."

Jake beamed at his older sister.
"But she kissed me! And I kissed back, what am I going to do now.." Jake looks down putting his hands to his sides.

"I mean.. Every interaction will be a tad less awkward..?" Janis nervously smiled as Jake looked up unamused.

"But seriously, you should try and hang out with her more, and figure it out. My advice may suck, but my baby brother is gonna have his first girlfriend soon!" Janis smiled pinching Jakes cheeks.

Jake blushed, embarrassed on how his older sister was talking, eventually the embarrassment faded, "Janis, can I hug you?"

"Is that even a question?" Janis replied as she pulled Jake into a hug, Jake hugging back.

"Thanks sis. I knew I could count on you. Yknow, I think i'll invite Hailey over tomorrow."

"That's good to hear.. Now get out. I need to get ready for work." Janis waving her hands.
"Okay, okay." Jake smiling walking out of the room.

Jake walked back into his room, happy. He'll get to invite Hailey over tomorrow, and possibly expose Milly.

HAYYY POOPSIES
i lit cannot wait to write the next 2 chapters which are lit in the making right now soooo

i'm more focused on getting this fanfic finished, so i can start my other one!

cya laterrr