lost boy//5 seconds of summer

Alex's hair was now pink, the roots purple. She thought it looked cool—it did look very cool—but she refused to admit the roots are purple because she sucks at dyeing hair. "We're playing this festival this weekend, are you guys coming?" She asked, wiping a piece of loose hair from her face.

"Already got our tickets and everything," Luke answered.

He turned around, holding three cups of expressos. Alex was sitting on the counter, kicking her heels against the wooden drawers. Luke handed her one mug, ushering her over to the living room with a nod of the head. 

Michael was lying on the couch, his feet stretched out over the arm. He had one hand over his head, the other on top of his stomach. He rejected the strong caffeinated beverage when Luke handed it over. 

Nick gladly took it though, even though he hates any type of coffee. The bags under his eyes were showing up, and Luke was worried. Nick was always good at going to bed and getting up early for the morning news. He had a routine, and he liked it that way. When something went wrong, Luke could always tell. Luke knew everything. 

The blonde sat down under Mike's feet. His husband lifted up his shins for a moment as Luke made himself comfortable. The thirty-nine year old then placed them upon Luke's lap, crossing his arms over his torso. 

"We don't need to do this. They haven't been back in a few weeks," Michael sighed. He looked up at Luke through heavy eyelashes.

"These family meetings aren't just about Ashton and Cal. It's to make sure we're all okay. As a family," Luke responded. He looked at his two children waiting for one of them to kick in.

"Nope, we're good. Can we leave?" Alex asked. She ran a pale and through her tinted-purple hands. She looked ill, but Luke knew it was just the dye.

Luke rolled his eyes. "Really? Nothing at all?"

"Luke," Michael dragged out his name, whining at him.

"Fine, you can all go."

(a/n) double update