unpredictable//5 seconds of summer

"-And, so, they said they really liked us, but they won't sign us until we have more experience, you know?" Alex was on another ramble about her newest encounter with a record label.

"A, we can sign you. You know that," Luke offered once again. He had his feet up on their coffee table, an arm around Michael's shoulder.

"But I want to do this by myself. I don't want to be that band that only made because of Daddy," Alex answered. She continued her story, telling the family about their plans for a self-tour in the following summer months.

Mike leant his head on Luke's shoulder. His hands wrapped underneath his belly, holding the weight up a bit to give his back a rest. Luke dropped his hands to Mike's lower back, rubbing around the dimples. He could feel the tight muscles, and he felt bad.

"I'm glad this music thing is working out, gotta carry on the Hemmings name." Luke smiled at his daughter, she had the physical appearance of Michael, yet the mental appearance of Luke. Alex was a trust combination of her two fathers, taking the best qualities of both of them.

Nick was something different. He took the good qualities and made them better. He took Luke's love for reading and made it into a love for writing. He took Luke's decent grades and made it a 5.0 GPA, something Luke could barely carry.

The two Hemmings-Clifford children were something special, a beautiful contribute to such an ugly world.