little bird//ed sheeran +

Luke sat across from Ashton as they ate silent lunches. Luke was getting more and more used to Ash, even though he still semi-hated the personality. 

It wasn't always like this. Luke used to not mind the other two. They'd appear and he'd go on with the day like any other normal day. He'd kiss Ashton/Calum on the cheek before leaving for work or wherever his day took him. He'd come home to them and treat them almost the same as he treated Michael. It was just routine. 

They grew up, though. It got old. Kids came into the equation and Luke didn't trust the personalities with his most prized possessions. Luke chose to be in this life, but the kids did not. They should not be punished by a neglectful parent when they had no other way. 

Luke mostly worried about Calum. The way the doctors described it was that Calum was the rage that most human minds are able to control. Calum is the voice in one's head telling them to punch the mirror, telling them it'll be okay if one punches a mirror into millions of shattered pieces. 

He was worried Calum would leave Alex on the counter, letting her fall. He was worried Cal would let her play with scissors as he smoked in the corner. He was worried that everything would and could go wrong. 

Ashton dabbed at his lipstick with a napkin once he finished his salad bowl. "So, when are you going back to work?" He tapped at the table with his short fingernails. 

Luke shrugged, "Depends. When is Michael coming back?"

Ashton stood up, wiping crumbs off the Tiffany blue placemat and picking up the glass lunch bowl. He walked past his partner. "Not anytime soon with that attitude." He washed off the dishes in the sink, stacking them in the almost full dishwasher. 

Luke rolled his eyes as he stood up himself, throwing away the paper plate and his unfinished sandwich. He leant against the counter, watching Ashton roam around the kitchen. 

Today, he squeezed his bloated body into a pair of light blue skinny jeans, the bottom cuffed up to reveal a darker hue of blue underneath. A white blouse flowed off of his shoulders, his bump only visible at certain angles. 

"Can you at least tell me why you've been here for one week?" He hopped up on the counter, his pajama-clad legs dangling off the edge of their diamond-incrusted counter space. 

Ashton gave up on finding anything to eat in the house. There seemed to be nothing for him to cook yet the kids would be home in a few hours wanting snacks. He stepped in front of Luke, his hands resting on Luke's mid-thighs. "He was lonely."

"Why?"

"Loneliness is a weird thing. Sometimes Michael can feel lonely in a crowded room. But, none of you guys were here. So, he was lonely in a lonely house." Ashton rubbed his hands up and down the thin fabric of Luke's pajama pants, picking at the fabric here and there.

"We all miss and love Michael very much, we want him back." Luke hoped that somewhere in that thick skull Michael was in there listening to his endearing words. 

Ashton leant in, squeezing his body between Luke's legs. His hands rested on either side of Luke's body as he left a kiss on Luke's chest. "He'll be back soon, I promise. I just wanted to see you guys."

Luke rubbed his own hands up and down Ashton's arms. He only saw his husband. He only sat the nerdy seventeen year old blowing him in the school's bathroom. He saw Mike's green eyes—but tinted a darker, golden shade. He saw his husband's lips—but colored over with a bright red. He only heard his husband's voice—but more seductive and sophisticated. 

He leant in first, surprising Ashton. Regardless, their lips attached in a heated rush. Ash's hands were on the space between the seam of his tee shirt and the band on his pajamas. His fingers were crawling under his boxer shorts as they felt the skin he has only touched. 

Luke scooted his body closer to Ashton as he wrapped his ankles round his slim back. He leant closer and closer, needing more, wanting more, getting more. Ash was made the first move to slide off the material adorning his waist. 

The younger blonde helped him, raising his hips before sitting back on the countertop. He reclined on the back of his hands which now lay flat on the counters. His blue eyes watched the pale boy in front of him lean down with a smirk etched upon his face. 

Ashton's mouth did what it did best. And, yeah, maybe Luke zoned out after his back arched off the countertop and moans escaped his sore vocal cords. He was thinking of the stupid, cocky seventeen year old who put his trust and faith into Luke for so many years, only to be broken so fast. 

Luke could still see the boy barely past six feet with a dirty blonde fringe covering half his face. He could still see the stupid smile written upon his acne-covered skin. He could still see their side glances and endless memories that Luke would kill to have back.

Ashton was deep throating him when Luke reached his high, a screech of explicit words falling as he clutched on to Ashton's hair. He held the boy closer to him by his ankles digging into his back. 

His eyes watered as he finished down the boy's throat. Luke sighed as Ash's mouth popped off of him. He gave him a smile before pulling his pajamas up his body. "Thanks, Ash."

He sighed. "Anything for you, Luke."