the only reason//5 seconds of summer

"Alex said she's about two minutes away," Nick read off his phone.

"She better not be texting and driving," Luke responded. He was in the attached kitchen emptying out the dishwasher. 

Michael laid on the couch, a hand over his head. The baby was growing fast and his entire body ached. He let out a groan. "Why don't we have any dessert in this house?"

"Because Ashton said it was unhealthy," Luke shot back. He closed the dishwasher, looking satisfied at the clean kitchen.

"Ashton is fucking stupid, I'm dying over here."

"If Alex isn't back yet, you could probably text her and ask her to—."

"Honey, I'm home!" Alex yelled from the opposite side of the house.

Luke sighed. "Never mind."

Alex came into the living room, her guitar case in one hand, her floral backpack on here back. She smiled at her family as she placed everything down. Her black skinny jeans were extremely tight with a slash in the left knees, she had a basic crewneck of Luke's on, not willing to get dressed up on a Friday night. 

"How was band practice?" Luke asked. He sat down next to Nick, not willing to try to move Mike. 

"It was good, broke a string."

"So punk rock," Michael sighed. 

"Ms. Andesron got food for you by the way, she said she loved these when she was preg—."

"Is it chocolate?" Michael lifted up his hand, looking at her from the corner of his glistening green eyes.

Alex shook the box of buckeye chocolates. "Yes indeed."

Michael made grabby hands towards the peanut butter covered in a milk chocolate. He could feel his mouth watering as Alex put it just out his reach. "I will fucking end you."

"Michael!" Luke scolded. 

Alex was laughing as she tossed the plastic container at him. She sat on the floor, kneeling at her father's side. "Can I feel your stomach?"

Michael already had two buckeyes down. "Why does everyone always wanna feel my stomach? She hasn't even kicked yet," he said between bites of chocolate. 

Luke laughed at his messy husband. He leant back, resting an arm around the back of the couch. Nick leaned into his father, resting a head on his shoulder. The older boy wrapped his arm around his son, rubbing a comforting hand up and down his upper arm. 

Alex leant up on her knees, pressing her hands on the clothed stomach of her father. She was fascinated by the stretched skin, even if there wasn't anything moving underneath it. "That's so weird, there's, like, a human inside of you."

Luke crossed his legs and leant his head back. It was nice to finally get a chance to relax after so many hectic months of running around, he finally felt okay. 

Michael let out a giggle as Alex moved her hands around his torso. He was happily eating his dessert in silence, it was a nice night in the Hemmings-Clifford house.

(a/n) thanks so much for all the recommendations! checked out a bunch of your books, all of you guys are so freaking talented.

double update in a minute.