the phrase that pays//the academy is...

Ashton stood in their en suite bathroom, applying a dark shade of magenta onto his lips. It's been exactly one month and two days since Michael appeared. It's been exactly one month and one day since Calum appeared. It's been exactly one month of just Ashton.

"Why?" Luke asked. His arms were crossed as he leant against the wall behind the sink and mirror. He looked at Ashton through his reflection, the other boy seemed unfazed by Luke's bad mood.

"You know why," Ashton respond in a sing-song tone. He ran a finger over the arch of his eyebrows before redoing the left one. They were never the same shape, and that highly annoyed the older boy.

Luke rolled his eyes. "I didn't marry you, I married Michael. I want him back, right now." He took a step forward, going to his own sink and beginning his morning routine.

"You should've thought about that before you cheated on all of us."

The blonde boy began brushing his teeth, his other hand running over the stubble around his jaw. "I never thought of you as a manipulative bitch," he said as he tried not to spit out toothpaste with each sentence.

"Guess you should've spent more time at home instead of fucking that tan man." Ashton smiled to himself, proud of his comebacks. He rubbed his lips together, spreading out the color more.

"Are you going to say that after everything I say? I already told you, I didn't cheat on Michael." He spit into the sink, gargled mouth wash, then began figuring out what to do with his hair.

"I will continue this until your thick skull admits it. I'll be here a while." Ashton walked out of their bathroom, his feet carrying him to their spacious closets. His fingers ran through the soft material set aside just for him.

Luke grabbed a snapback, putting it over the greasy strands of blonde locks. He turned off the bathroom light on his way out. "I want you gone, Ashton."

He peaked his head out from the closet, "What're you gonna do? Threaten me like Calum? Hm? Sorry, that doesn't work for me." He stripped his pajamas, careful to not smear his make up. He began to slide a pure white skirt over his freshly shaved legs.

"Stop using everything against me," Luke said louder. His voice was slowly raising, Ash figured he'd lose his temper once again.

It was funny, at least in Ashton's mind. Luke used to be so strong, now he is weak. "I wouldn't have to if you weren't a dirty, cheating husband." The stretched band of the skirt fit perfectly over his large stomach that seemed to grow bigger and bigger every single day.

"I'm not!" Luke yelled. He was sat on their bed, pulling black skinny jeans up his abnormal lanky legs.

Ashton came out of their closet in the white shirt with a black v-neck. It was tucked nicely into the band of the pleated skirt, the outfit hugged his bodies in the right places, and fell loose in the right places. "Baby, we all know that's not true."

"I want Michael back!" He yelled again.

Alex heard it that time, as did Nick. They stood in the kitchen frozen, not sure what to do. Alex looked at her little brother, both of their eyes squinted as they tried to figure out what to do.

"Should've thought about that before you—."

"Stop it!" Luke stood up, his eyes glaring at the smaller boy.

Ashton didn't react, at all. He stood in the mirror once again, braiding complicated yet small braids to the side of his head. "Sorry, I'm not really doing anything."

"I haven't seen my husband in a month, Ashton! I fucking miss him! I want to talk about this with him not you!"

"You miss him?" Ashton laughed. "You miss him," he repeated, "That's hilarious. You didn't miss him when he woke up without you next to him. Where were you? Oh yeah, being fucked into the sheets."

Luke rolled his eyes and bit his tongue.

"You miss him? Where were you when he was losing his fucking mind, Luke? We were all he had as where were you? Oh yeah, being fucked." Ashton ended the braid with bobby pins, securing it tightly to his scalp.

"You don't know anything."

"I don't know anything, you're right. Let's just go read off the first text message you sent this morning. After all of this, you didn't even cut the other cheating whore off." Ashton bumped past Luke, their shoulders colliding as the older boy pushed him away.
Luke followed Ash around the room with his sea blue eyes.

"You miss him," he laughed again. "Good fucking try."

"I used to like you, Ashton. I used to like you a lot."

Ashton stood up straight, he held a strong poker face. "Well, we loved you. We really fucking loved you."

(a/n) next two chapters, i'm going to post together. no matter what, they'll fuck u up, so i figured, "why not post them both at once?"