Feelings Bloom [24]

▪▫◼◼▫▪

"These are my closest guards and friends, meet Leedo and Hwanwoong." Boy with braces pointed to the seated men who waved their hands to the guests. After some looking around everyone took a seat while Jeongin ordered some of his maids to serve pastries and cake to guests to which Chan objected.

"Isn't it too much to have sweets before lunch Innie, that's why you are so thin and pale. You don't eat your meals properly." Chan scolded the younger who only frowned and fought back.

"You are such an old man, let me have some hyungggg. It's not every day I have guests you know?"

"That's true, our Jeongin was very excited for today. He couldn't stop his excitement this morning at all. Also, I think I shall formally introduce myself since we are all friends of Jeongin." A short guard from before spoke, he had purple-dyed hair and a cute charming smile. " I am Yeo Hwanwoong, I hope we can be friends." He shakes hands with everyone and then nudged the tall black-haired man next to him to speak.

"Um, I am Kim Geon-Hak but everyone calls me Leedo so feel free to do so. Thank you all for coming." He bowed a bit and then kept looking at his lap.

"He tends to be a bit shy but he will warm up in a meantime, I told them a lot about you two but I didn't know Jisung would be a new addition to this team so if you would do us an honor to introduce yourselves to my lovely knights."

"Sure, I am Han Jisung, Minhos secretary. Treat me well cuz Minho doesn't." Jisung tried to make a joke only to see Chan glaring at him probably for tarnishing his majesty's oh-so-well personality and Leedo looking at the prince with dark eyes. He only managed to provide entertainment for Jeongin and Hwanwoong.

Endless chatter began as mostly Jeongin was catching up with Chan and Minho while also occasionally Hwanwoong would complain about the life of a guard to which Chan would agree so quickly. Both of them clicked on that topic instantly so they just kept complaining between themselves while Jeongin and Minho were talking about something unrelated only leaving Leedo and Jisung staring at one another awkwardly until one of them got the courage to speak up.

"Is it tough to be a secretary?" Shy boy was first up to speak and it caught Han off-guard.

"I, uh... I don't know. I just fill papers, my back only hurts I bet it is much harder to run around as a guard and risk your life." Jisung said unsure if he answered well.

"There isn't much threat for guards, it is quite boring," Leedo answered seeming uninterested in how the conversation was progressing.

"I see, but staying up late isn't easy. You must drink a lot o coffee." 'What am I saying' was the only thing that could run through Jisungs mind.

"I don't like coffee. It's bitter." That statement felt so out of place as Leedo looked so strong and cold. Older seemed quite flustered as well when he answered it, Jisung thought that the older was kind of like a shy baby chick. To some extent, Jisung agreed that coffee wasn't that pleasing to his taste buds either.

"I don't really like coffee as well, I guess we have that in common." Jisung smiled at Leedo whose ears became red.

Time passed and it became drastically darker, Jeongin had to prepare for dinner and to talk with chefs so he recommended that they visit his garden as it has flowers that only bloom during a night that he himself crossbred. Chan and Hwanwoong passed on that as both clicked surprisingly well and agreed that they would visit guard chambers to meet with others and to have a drink or two before dinner. Jisung, of course, wanted to see the flowers and Minho was more than glad to make his company until Leedo recommended going with them as well, to that idea chestnut male wasn't so enthusiastic but Jeongin insisted that they need to have at least one guard with them just in case and Leedo was the best option for that as two other already planned to drink their night away.