CATastrophe [5]

▪▫◼◼▫▪

The next day, after Jisung barely found his way back home, Hyunjin and the previously mentioned boy agreed on trying to learn the part of district where they were at. Districts can be miles and miles long, due to that, every district got a fast transport stations and with them people are able to travel everyday for the some amount of money without any worry. There are also the teleportation devices that are of a big use, but at the same time they are very expensive and not so purchasable for the lower districts or ordinary people. Its usually most used to help people to travel from one gate of the district to another, making the amount of time spent in traveling like nothing, in blink of the eye you will be at the other side with only one second. Of course, not everyone can purchase that and those who could, were pretty rare. That's what Jisung hated too, why wasn't everything reachable for everyone? Aren't they all humans with needs and with same blood and heart that beats in their chest. Where is the sympathy and love that districts promised after the war ended, where is the peace that his parents once talked about and promised. Everything that has left was hatred and pain, sometimes the blonde boy would think that the life would be so much better behind the walls. After all, no one knew what is behind them,only tales that old people tell, no one ever came back, and why is that?Maybe they found the paradise that everyone dreamed of. Government and upper class never really talked about things behind the wall, other will think that is because there is nothing and others would say that its because something hideous and deadly is out there, and Jisung? Jisung thinks that outside is freedom.

"Hey Sung, are you okay?" The concerned, taller boy asked the younger one. Hyunjin knew that Jisung tends to think a lot, even though he would rather represent himself as a boy who is lively and crackhead, deep down, Jisung went trough many stages of thinking more than anyone else. Rethinking, overthinking, just thinking.

"Yeah, I was just thinking." Boy smiled, showing his front teeth that resembled of a mouse or a squirrel, one of adorable features that boy had but unfortunately hated about himself. Older boy just gave a knowing nod.

Silence filled the air as the boys just looked around, letting the comfy feeling embrace them and curiosity of the new, unsearched territory bribe them in.

Jisung was able to recognize some streets that he passed on previous night. The sense of orientation and understanding where he is, started crawling inside, making blonde remember every little detail from the previous night and streets that he passed while running for a interesting black tail.

"Hey, llama freak. Yesterday I saw some small shop that I wanted to check out, don't wander too far and send me a signal if something happens." And with that, the brunette couldn't even find a time to protest since Jisung already ran to the way he planned on going, taking a sharp left on his side.

"His behaviour... Ugh.."

- •🌿• -

The shop that Jisung talked about was mechanical one, one of many in his own district but blonde had some questions and he thought that only those who know the situation can answer him, which is pretty logical.

Small door was in sight with 'We Are Open' sign on them, taking a deep breath, Jisung pushed the door open and got welcomed with the smell of metal and smoke. Shop was rather small from the inside, the most of the space took pieces of metal, random wires and equipment scattered all around. On the right side next to the window stood a small furnace like thing that was used to melt metal in many shapes if needed. The biggest part of the room was decorated with the big, black working table and some hammers and devices. Nothing special, it gave Jisung a feeling of being home once again which triggered some unpleasant memories.

Man in 60s with silver hair looked at the boy who was too caught up in bliss of the small shop.

"Kid, you never seen what piece of metal looks like?" Man chuckled bitterly in a joking manner.

"No, I actually grew up making robots and such things. I made my first dog of bare metal that I got from one of the thrashers" Jisung muttered, starting conversation while tracing his fingers over different creations from shop, which man could only give a firm nod.

"I was actually curious... I'm from District 10 and, sir, you probably heard about our situation but I thought that Niners weren't having any different life. Our district should be the same! In which way are niners better?"

"Impulsive and confused. I see. Listen kid, its about the people. If people wants the change they will get it no matter what. You are still young and bold, you are keen of doing stupid things. This here." Man touched the exposed forhead of the blonde. " and this here." The big hand pushed the left side of the Jisungs chest, motioning to the heart. "Never cooperate. You don't need to just see, you also need to feel it. That's what my wife always told me." Man's misty blue eyes found its way to Jisungs warm, chocolate but confused ones.

"I don't understand. Are you trying to say that I should just live by their rules? That I should let it be?"

"My wife was blind but that never stopped her from being an artist, even blind she made a most beautiful paintings. Its like she had a two pairs of eyes, its like she could see and understand everything. Being blinded and being blind are two different things, and you are blinded my son. Blinded by society, blinded by hatred. Open your eyes while you can still see and reach. When time comes you will understand what being blinded means. Regardless, you are a good kid, i see some hope in you." Soft smile crept on the mans face, but it never reached his eyes. Eyes that always looked like an unsearched, untamed storm at the open sea.

Jisung was at loss of the words. Was what he was doing stupid? Not right? How was his blinded when all he did was searching for justice. Why is man talking like he is villain in this world full of wrong people. Not muttering a word, the boy ran out, anger written on his face, eyes clouded and dark with newfound thoughts. He is seeing situation clearly and that's staying.

"I KNOW YOU WILL BE BACK. IM WAITING HAN JISUNG." The man yelled and all the blonde could do is ignore him. Even ignoring how man knew his name when boy never mentioned it at the first place.

Right after Jisung took step out of the shop, the same black, fluffy animal from yesterdays night stood before his legs, its eyes sparkling in mischievous way, while key was tangling and shining. Cat just meow and started bouncing left and right, waiting to mess up with a boy and Jisung couldn't just help but sigh from the exercise that he is about to have.

'This day better turn up good later when I catch the stupid fluff ball'

▪▫◼◼▫▪

Note;
Yikes. I don't like this chapter, its boring and probably confusing but I needed to fit it in sooner or later somehow.

Also sorry for not posting last weekend anything ;-; I have a busy schedule.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter uwu!