Open Door [27]

The next few days passed in bliss as it was time for everyone to go back to their signed district. Jeongin, despite being busy, decided to see off his guests himself while whining and asking when will he see them again, knowing well it probably wouldn't be anytime soon. Jisung was saying bye to Leedo who was also genuinely sad that the group had to leave, more so seeing Jisung go since he bonded with the younger the most. They all hugged it out and Chan jokingly saluted Jeongin's guards who just did so back before laughing. Serene melody was flowing in the air from the local cafes and bakeries, the day was nothing but beautiful as the weather served their travels.

"It was a pleasure being here, thanks for having us, Innie." Minho brought his young friend into a hug who embraced him back even more tightly, before proceeding to launch into Chan's arms as well and then into Jisungs. "Thank you all for coming and I am glad I met you Jisung, I guess we will be seeing each other in the future again." He winked while motioning to Minho, now Jisung's boyfriend. Jisung just nudged him while laughing. Jisung too hoped he would have the pleasure to meet them again, next time maybe without any duties, just them being kids that they are in heart, having fun.

Minho reached out his hand to blonde, motioning him to take it as they were standing before a portal that they had seen before when they came here." This time we will go when you are ready." Younger squeezed his hand before taking in a deep breath, as the first experience going through the portal was rather frightening and out of this world, there was something magical and serene about it as well. Minho's reassurance that younger this time could have time to prepare himself as he knew what kind of shock awaited him the moment he came in contact with a glowing mass that resembled the surface of the water.

"Let's go," Jisung said as he took the first step forward and Minho followed, still holding the younger's hand. Chan quickly gave a sign to the guards to follow along while eyeing the two boys before him. As happy as he was for Minho for finally being happy, there also was the weird feeling of dread growing inside that he couldn't shake, Jisung bothered him and it was as clear as day.

The blue light shone while slowly reaching every part of the body, contact was made and it sucked in everyone who dared to touch it. Again, Jisung felt like he was being torn apart and then put together but this time motion was more like tickling, like bits of electricity making your hair stand up. A slight shock barely felt and then forgotten the next second. On the other side, Felix was waiting for them and when they finally emerged from the blue mass, younger excitedly went on to tightly hug his brother whose brain was still tingling from the impact of the portal.The hug wasn't long-lasting but it was followed by a gentle slap to Minho's hand and an upset statement. "You better not leave me again to do your documents again, i was stuck at your office for hours." Minho gently laughed and patted the head of his younger sibling. "Now you see why I complain every single day." Minho ruffled the locks of his younger brother who tried hard to stay mad at him, verbally reciting the list of things he had to endure and do while he was away.

 Secretly Felix actually admired, even more now, his brother who has been doing everything for their district and the people. Felix was never as academically smart or capable as the older was but he tried his best whenever Minho needed help, trying as hard as he could to take off maybe even one percent of the burdens that the older carried. He knew whatever Minho did, did for his own good and that he tried his best to give him and Changbin lives with no suffering and that pained him the most, older never shared his worries, and never actually complained. Just endured. Whether were it sleepless nights or sick days, emergencies, and catastrophes at times when everyone thought 'This is it', Minho then shined the most. Enduring everything for everyone's sake, he alone carried the world in his tiny palms and a smile on his face.

"Hi, Lix!" Jisung smiled at his freckled friend who hugged him as well, before going into Chan's arms who seemed to be now wary of public affection that he is now back in the 9th district. "Good to see you, Felix," Chan said and saw a short, muscular, dark-haired guy coming down the street waving at them. "Hey guys, I came to pick up my sunshine," Changbin remarked cheesily while kissing the cheek of the freckled male who just giggled and asked him to stop. Jisung was in awe of how cute the couple looked and he secretly threw glances at Minho thinking will they ever be as corny as them. Minho looked like a softie to him more than he got to know him, a fierce softie with snarky remarks. His thoughts were interrupted by a soft squeeze on his hand and a smile from the prince who let go as fast as he squeezed his hand."Enough chatting, reunion can wait for when we get home," Minho said finally thinking of resting up in his own bed but that joyous thought was quickly replaced with an annoyed one as soon as Chan opened his mouth. "I agree, there must be tons of documents that couldn't go through without your signature or attention. We better hurry." Jisung laughed before he realized that he is the one who is supposed to be stuck and helping the prince.