Sudden Rain [25]

"No way that you are actually thinking that strawberries are superior." Chan said in disbelief to the youngers choice of berries.

" I am telling you, its the best." Jeonging confidently stated while Jisung just watched them thinking 'what the heck is a strawberry'. Others at the table would smile to themselves at the grown up man and so called 'child' bicker back and forth about fruit. What a good day to be alive.

" It is so overrated, you are just biased because they are sweet and you are just a child with a sweet tooth." Chan laughed and Jeongin gasped in disbelief. He was offended to the core.

"I wont be calling you hyung anymore, you can go choke on your RaSpBerRiEs." Jeonging mocked him and decided he won't be paying attention to the older. Throwing his childish tantrum, Chan just laughed as he didn't mind what younger said. It was a victory for him.

" What is a strawberry?" Jisung tried to whisper to Minho who just turned his head as fast as he could and looked Jisung wide-eyed in disbelief.

"You don't know what strawberries are?" Prince didn't try to lower his voice when he answered to Jisungs question, with well, another question. Everyone looked at the boy like he said that he doesnt know the color of the sky.

"You never had strawberries? " Jeongin quickly forgot his anger, now paying attention only to Jisung.

" I came from district 10. I never had a chance to try or to eat one." Jisung shyly admitted, once again getting the feel that he doesn't belong here among all high society people. Right now, they were freaking about some fruit that Jisung knew nothing about nor cared about it, to him it was insignificant but to them it was like a fiasco. He felt so out of the place and the anxiety he didn't feel in a long time started eating at his head and throat again.

"It's okay. I didn't try it either until i came here. I will buy some for you today." Through all the chatter and murmur, Leedos voice broke trough the noise pulling Jisung out of his trance. Dark haired man smiled softly at the blonde, reassuring him with his eyes, it was like telling him that it's nothing uncommon. It's okay not to know, it's okay not to have. Nothing to be ashamed about. Jisungs weight lifted off his chest.

"Thanks." quiet voice said back to the Leedo who only smiled brighter.

"Well i guess you will have a chance to try it and prove its better then raspberries. Yuck." Young king added while throwing a glare to a Chan.

"I never had raspberries before either.."

"What did you eat then as a snack?"

"Okay, enough. Let's stop the interrogation of the Jisung. He is clearly uncomfortable." Minho said and left it at that, everyone silently agreed to not ask any questions and Jeongin quickly switched the topic to what his two guards will do on their day off.

Leedo and Hwanwong engaged in conversation happily, forgetting about the meal before them is getting cold. Hwangwoong was planning to visit his old district and his friends there while Leedo braged about all the places and things he wants to show Jisung today since he has nothing better to do. Minho wasn't so approving of the fact that Jisung would be left alone with unkown guard that Minho himself didn't like, but he brushed over it. He had more important matters to tend to and he was at least sure that the big man would keep him safe if nothing else. He was Jeongings trusted guard and friend after all.

***

Air felt heavy and sharp due to the cold weather outside. It was like different continent out there but it wasn't uncomfortable coldness. Two men walked down the street wrapped in two identical scarfs and coats that Leedo got from the king before they went out.