Samgyeopsal

You sat on your sofa, phone in hand with your headphones in . You currently had BTS’s twitter up listening to your boyfriend’s update—he was singing about his desire for samgyeopsal. His voice was just heaven to listen to and his laugh was so damn contagious. You were so in love with this dork.

You must have watched the video five times in a row, each time your smile growing bigger. To treat your gorgeous dork of a boyfriend, you decided to prepare everything necessary for a samgyeopsal meal.

Cutting up the pork belly and setting it on the table along with the grill you then prepared the ingredients for ssamjang (dipping sauce). The sesame seeds and oil, deonjang and honey were in the bowl. You minced green onion and garlic and added them to the bowl too. Whilst chopping the onion you heard your apartment door open and close. Jungkook came into view in the corner of your eye. His eyes fell to the table where the grill and meat were situated.

"Oh babe…I love you," he said.

You looked up at him seeing his wide smile, quickly getting back to putting the onion in the bowl. "Exactly why do you love me?" you asked, amused, while mixing the contents in the bowl.

Jungkook moved behind you to give you a back hug, putting his chin on your shoulder while watching you work.

"For reading my mind, obviously," he said matter-of-factly.

With the same matter-of-fact tone, you replied, "Not really, I saw the twitter update."

You heard him giggle quietly and joined in. But the smile was wiped from your lips when you realised something.

"Oh wait." You stood still.

"What’s wrong?" He turned his head slightly to look at you.

"I should have made the green onion salad first…" you whined like a child.

Jungkook laughed out loud, amused by your childlike state, and said, "Honestly, you’re so dramatic! I’ll do the salad, you can get the other vegetables ready."

You agreed with another whine and got started after Jungkook insisted on getting all the necessary ingredients ready.

Before actually getting started with the vegetables you waited for Jungkook to roll his sleeves up, because honestly you think it’s one of the sexiest things ever. And there it is— totally worth it. His hands fingering (I cringed) the sleeves up and his veins showing on his forearms— you never get tired of seeing that. You reluctantly looked away, took a deep breath and tried to concentrate on your job, maybe taking quick glances at your boyfriend.

You had finally sat down at the table, grill on and food cooking. You insisted on sitting next to Jungkook so you could snuggle and cling to his arm while he expedited the grill with the other. You spent the evening feeding each other until it felt like a competition on who could stuff the most food in the other’s mouth. By then you both were a mess with tears streaming down your faces from laughing (and choking) so much, hands covering your mouths to keep the food in.

After a cool down, your stomachs fully satisfied, you leaned into Jungkook’s side and wrapped your arms around his waist. He put his arm over you squeezing your side a little with his hand. Tilting your head up you meet his eyes and give him a loving smile. He rubs your nose gently with his and pecks it.

"I love you," you both say at the same time, before laughing quietly together.

"Maybe I am good at reading your mind," you say before planting your lips on his smiling into the kiss.