Post-its

Jungkook was head over heels for you. And this all started when his History teachers decided to change the seating plan. Usually, he would dread that, and he did, that was until he found out that he had to sit next to you, and you wouldn’t stop talking. It was your favourite subject being taught, apparently, but you didn’t need to be a genius to figure that out. But it was a fascinating thing, to see someone talking about the things they genuinely love and enjoy. Jungkook was a quiet kid, so he just let you talk.

When you found out that Jungkook would be sitting next to you for the next term, you were a little sceptical. Not that you didn’t like the kid. You knew he was quiet, really quiet, so you didn’t want anything to become awkward between you both. That’s why you talked his ears off about your favourite subject. You only started talking to break the tension, but once you started you couldn’t stop. And he let you. To be honest you thought he was adorable, his round glimmering eyes, wide and absorbed in what you were saying, his mouth and pink lips that hung open a little, and the short, quiet giggle he let out when you apologised for talking too much.

After some time, Jungkook was still quiet, but you had both become good friends. It had come to a point where you knew a lot of his interests too, art, photography, tattoos, and now you were interested in him too. You heard him laugh a lot more, and now you knew how deep his voice could actually get and it always gave you butterflies. Jungkook felt good talking to you and having your attention, in fact he craved it more as time went on. But all that came to a stop, and it was all his fault.

One day, you walked into the library to study. You already weren’t in the best of moods and sported a scowl on your face. So you chose one of the single booths so hopefully nobody would disturb you. Head meeting the table, you actually considered sleeping instead, but no, you had to keep telling yourself that the subject you had to study was one you struggled with a lot. Leaving your notes and pens set out on the desk, you got up to search for the textbooks you needed. However, when you sat back down, you noticed a purple post-it note on your notebook. It read,

Smile, you’re doing great :)

Unknowingly, a small smile crept onto your lips. You looked around the library, trying to find the culprit, but you had no idea who it was. So for now, you placed the purple sticky paper to the side.

Next day, there was another post-it note, but this time it was waiting for you on your desk. Before reading what it said, you looked around the classroom, but no one was paying attention to you, or acting suspicious, so it couldn’t be anyone here. You picked up the post-it note as you sat down, smiling again as you read the words written neatly.

I’m rooting for you :)

But who are you? You asked yourself.

"Hey y/n," Jungkook said, sitting next to you, his shoulders slightly hunched in his usual shy demeanour, "What’s that you got there?"

You held in a breath for a moment. "Someone’s leaving me nice notes," you smiled at him. "I don’t know who it is though."

Jungkook looked away for a moment, feeling butterflies in his stomach because he was the one who made you smile like that. He knew who it was. He still remembered the way his heart pummelled inside his chest when he left the first note on your notebook, the way his hands shook. Recently he wanted to pen down the words he wanted to say to you, since he didn’t have the courage to tell you in person.

But it sort of backfired, because the more post-it notes he secretly sent you, the more obsessed you were to find whoever was leaving them for you. And you just wouldn’t leave it alone, it was starting to get annoying. Now, this mystery person was all you talked about, and they were all you were paying attention to. Even if the person was actually him so your attention was technically on him but not on him so…