Falling Sick

You wiped away the final tears after watching the final episode of Stranger Things.

After finishing your studies, you now had time to binge the final series, and now you were emotionally drained. 

It was already late, with Jungkook letting you know that he'd be late back already, and you were thinking of heading to bed, but the rumble in your stomach made you forget the tiredness.

Walking into the kitchen, eyeing the clock, which read 10:34, you searched through all the cupboards for a snack. You sighed as none of them took your fancy, that was until your eyes scanned the boxes of cereal. You swear you could feel your mouth salivate at the thought of the sugary goodness hitting your tongue. Picking one of the most chocolatey cereals, which you'd probably come to regret later tonight, you poured the cereal in a bowl, a tinkling sound filling the kitchen.

Now sitting on the sofa munching on your sweet treat, your legs crossed, you heard the front door open.

"Hey baby," you said as a tired Jungkook stumbled in.

"Hey," he replied, confusion and an amused smile painting his face, "are you eating cereal?"

You hummed in reply, smiling as much as you could with a mouthful of food. But your mouth tugged into a frown as soon as you saw his brows furrow in discomfort.

"Are you OK, baby?"

Jungkook had lived with you long enough to know that you were a very observant person so he knew it was useless to lie to you, you could read his face by a mere twitch of his lips on brows.

"I feel a bit weird," he began, pulling at the collar of his baggy t-shirt. "I think I'm just going to head to bed."

"OK," you said quietly, following his figure with worried eyes.

After a few minutes, you joined Jungkook in the bedroom. He was already curled up and you assumed he was asleep, so after doing your nighttime routine, you got in bed behind him, acting as the big spoon, placing a kiss on his bare back before dozing off.

At some point in the night you woke up from Jungkook's abnormal body heat. As much as you wanted to go back to sleep, you worried that he'd become ill. You sat up, your eyes still half-closed looking at your bedside clock which indicated that it had been a mere two hours since you fell asleep. Looking over at Jungkook, you felt his forehead and felt your fingertips burning up, and after turning on the light you noticed his flushed cheeks. As Jungkook wasn't awake, you couldn't really tell what his illness was exactly but you thought there was no harm in getting some painkillers from the kitchen, so you did exactly that.

Filling a small glass with water, the coolness of it immediately cooling your body down, you suddenly heard Jungkook coughing hysterically. You grabbed the painkillers and ran as fast as you could down the hall, balancing the cup of water as best as you could.

"Jungkook? I'm here," you announced, moving swiftly to his heaving body.

He was now sat up, legs swung over the edge, his hand over his mouth and clenching tightly.

You stood there just rubbing his back with a worried expression, you didn't really know what to do except watch until he calmed down.

"Here Jungkook," you offered him the glass of water as he now calmed down a bit.

You watched as he sipped the water as his other hand was placed around his throat—it was a good thing you brought those painkillers with you.

"Tell me what hurts baby," you said softly and sat next to him.

"Everything," he spoke hoarsely, wincing as he spoke.

You handed him the painkillers and watched him swallow those too and he let out a strangled sound afterwards as it hurt to swallow at all.

"Come on, let's get back to sleep," you said as you tried to ease his body back into the mattress.

"Wait, I should sleep somewhere else, I don't want to wake you up," he slurred, trying to resist your touch, but his body was so weak.

"Don't be silly Jungkook," you said, now pulling the duvet back over him as he laid on his back. "Last time I was ill, I woke you up at every other hour."

You got back in bed, propping yourself up by your elbow and kissing Jungkook's hot, damp forehead.

"If you're in any pain, baby, just let me know," you said to him.

Even though he nodded, you knew he probably wouldn't because he never wanted to cause any trouble, even if you never saw it as any sort of trouble.

After laying down, you softly stroked his hair to lull him to sleep, and while he still had a slither of energy, he rolled onto his side swinging his arm over your waist and nuzzled his nose on your chest. While his body was unbearably hot, you smiled and thought that you ought to bear it for his comfort and recovery. You placed your lips on the crown of his head one more time before whispering,

"Goodnight my love," and you felt his breaths deepen and soften.