Dress Up

You yawned as you approached the front door to yours and Jungkook's house, looking forward to being embraced by the warmth of your home.

For the first time in a while, you had left Jungkook with your 3 year old daughter while you went to work. You had no worries when it came to him looking after her, she adored him, he adored her, they had the perfect relationship that made your heart swell with love and pride.

As you stepped foot into your house, a high-pitched squeal was heard down the hallway making your eyes widen and worry filling your mind. But after hearing the contagious giggles that belonged to your daughter and Jungkook, relief flooded through you as you placed a hand to your chest.

You walked slowly into the living room, the sounds of the soundtrack from Frozen getting louder the closer you got. And as you stood at the doorway, you had to hold in a laugh at the sight before you. Jungkook was dressed in an Elsa outfit, the back only zipped up halfway as it struggled to get over his broad shoulders, miming to 'let it go' as your daughter, also dressed in an Elsa outfit, watched him in glee, bouncing on her feet as the film that played in the background.

You smiled widely at your family. Goodness knows how many times you had put that film on for your daughter, you and Jungkook had really started to hate it. But, if it makes her happy, and if it creates scenes of uncontainable happiness right in front of your eyes, then maybe you could stand it for a little longer.

As Jungkook did a grand turn, his eyes just caught eyes, widening, which caused him to slightly stumble. He stopped spinning, his body facing you and embarrassment coating his features.

"Y/n, you're back early," he said, his fingers fidgeting with the sequined fabric he was wearing.

"Mummy/Daddy!!" your daughter exclaimed running to you with her arms stretched out.

You picked her up when she was close enough, leaning her on your hip and kissing her cheek. 

"No, actually I'm back when I'd usually be," you answered Jungkook with an amused smile, "but you know, time flies when you're having fun."

He playfully glared at your cheeky expression.

"We're watching Frozen," your three year old spoke.

"I can see that sweety," you replied enthusiastically as she wriggled out of your grasp to run to the TV, jumping in front of it as she watched her favourite characters.

You walked up to Jungkook, that cheeky smile never leaving your face, and pecked him on the lips, feeling his hands settle on your hips.

"You look gorgeous my darling," you said, Jungkook poking your sides in response earning a yelp from you. "I think you should have picked a bigger size though, your shoulders are too broad."

"You like my broad shoulders," he retorted, his voice low.

"Damn right I do," you replied with a raised brow and slid your hands up around his neck. "When did you even get this?"

Jungkook shrugged. "Maybe online...at some point, it doesn't matter."

You giggled but your smile softened and your teasing side had subsided.

"She looked so happy, it makes me proud to see you both, you know, making each other laugh," the love you held for your family shone through your eyes, an emotion so genuine.

"Mummy/Daddy, can you please watch with me?"

You internally sighed and pleaded silently to Jungkook which he chuckled at.

"Come on, I've had to deal with this film too, plus she's missed you," he cupped your cheek, kissing the other lightly. "I'll fix you some food, go on you sit with her," he said before jogging into the kitchen, the light blue chiffon fabric of the costume trailing behind him, making you giggle.

Turning back to your daughter, you sat on the sofa and patted the space next to you.

"Come on then nugget, sit next to me," you said, helping her scramble up next to you.

You kissed the top of the head, knowing that even after having to withstand watching Frozen over and over, you still loved her unconditionally.