🌹ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5🥀

"Can't you just run away?" Liam asked making Zayn chuckle.

"No, Leeyum. I can't run away." Zayn said running his finger over the index page.

Liam absolutely loved how Zayn said his name. He couldn't wait to hear it again.

"Why not?" Liam asked confused.

"Tried and tested and failed miserably. The Council's behind my back and I'll be punished terribly if I even think of stepping out of my quarters but I still manage to sneak out every once and then." Zayn said, slowly turning the pages.

"Why would they even do something like that?!" Liam gasped horrified.

"Cause I'm a threat to the society." Zayn replied bored.

"But you aren't." Liam replied offended just by the thought, making Zayn smile softly at him which made Liam's heart skip a beat as a light blush came over his face.

"But you don't even know me, Leeyum." Zayn said holding the book in his free hand as he took out another book.

"I might not know you personally at the moment but I do know you aren't a bad person. You're a nice person." Liam replied, once again managing to bring a little hope to Zayn's soul.

Zayn just gave Liam a smile and continued skipping through books, taking the ones that interested him along with the books Liam was handing him.

By the time they were done, there were so many books that Zayn would definitely not be able to see a thing if the books weren't floating that is. Liam was looking at the glittering azure glow around the books and opened his mouth to ask about how advanced Zayn was in his magic but quickly shut it as he noticed something glowing from the corner of his eyes.

"I'll be right back!" Liam said to Zayn and went to the direction of the mysterious glow while Zayn went to the balcony, frowning on seeing the flowers dying.

After walking past quite a few rows of shelves, Liam found himself in a never seen before corner of the library. It was eerily dark and quiet, sending a shiver down Liam's back. Yet Liam shook his head trying to get rid of the feeling as he continued walking towards the shelf. A few minutes later, he finally found the glow coming from the very end of the last possible shelf in the library.

"I never knew this part of the library existed." Liam mumbled to himself as he walked closer to the glow, only to realise that it was coming from a book.

Liam stood there contemplating if he should go back or if he should inspect the book. Curiosity got the best of him and Liam timidly stretched his hand forward and took the book in his hands. He blew off the dust covering it and looked at the golden glow in awe. A moment later, the glow grew brighter and blinded Liam with its brightness and disappeared. All that was left now was what looked like an extremely simple, extremely old and worn out book which seemed to not have been touched by anyone for centuries to come. Liam decided to take the book with him and went to the balcony and saw Zayn scrutinizing the flowers and vines wrapping around the railings.

Zayn ran his hand over them, making them suddenly bloom once again and if anything, they looked more pretty and alive than they ever did. Liam gasped making Zayn turn to him.

"Please don't tell anyone I did that." Zayn requested.

"Why not?" Liam asked confused.

"They'll destroy it then." Zayn sighed and looked away.

Liam stared at Zayn confused before realisation suddenly dawned on him and he nodded. "I won't. I promise."

"Thanks." Zayn mumbled and sat down on one of the chairs as he picked a book from the table and started flipping through it.

"You're really amazing. So impressive! You should totally be a role model to everyone and not be closed off like this!" Liam said, his voice conveying the sincerity of his words. Even though Zayn didn't reply or look at Liam, there was now a tiny smile on his lips which was more than enough to make Liam happy.