CHAPTER 15

"How could I lose, again?" Augustus was exasperated. He made a hopeless face and pleaded.

"Fratello, please! let me have a gun?"

They were in the lounge room. Angelo and Augustus were engaging in a game of chess. Augustus longed to have a gun for himself, but Angelo declined his request. Consequently, he told Angelo that if he beat him in chess, he would let him have a gun, and since that time Angelo was not letting him win.

Aurora immersed herself in her new phone, and smiled to herself, sitting beside Angelo. Their parents were in the kitchen, getting dinner ready, Luciano had retired, and he spent his time cooking, gardening, and doing other things. It did not mean Luciano had not his ears and eyes all over the place, which he had them everywhere.

Aurora's radiant smile rooted on her lips, as she remarked to Augustus across her. "Fratello, let you win every time, otherwise you would always be a loser, Gus. Even if you are a chess champion."

Angelo had left Noah sleeping, when Ben called him, informing him that he needed to come home.

When he reached home. Aurora had been missing for three hours. She had left with her security, Jerry, for her friend's birthday party. Jerry had told them that she disappeared from the party, and they could not contact her. Aurora had come back herself after a while of Angelo, telling them that she had left the party as it was boring, and she couldn't contact anyone as her phone had dropped in the pool at the party and it was just four hours, her family is too much.

She had bruises on her wrist. Angelo asked about it. She hesitated but told him that some men were molesting her, but she was saved by a mysterious man. Angelo had told her to not go wandering around without taking anyone with her. Even if she had nodded her head. Angelo had known his siblings would shrink back when it came to taking security with them.

"Why do you need a gun? you have a bodyguard."

"What if he isn't around to save me? And it's not like Tom is bulletproof."

"Then, You should stop putting yourself in danger deliberately." They were interrupted when Angelo's phone buzzed on the table before Augustus said something.

"Gus, You are not getting any fatal weapon, which can kill a person."
He ended before walking away from both of them as he took his phone to pick up the call.

"Damn! Angelo, it's as bulletproof of an affidavit as I could have. Just coming from the judge's office. The signed search warrant is in my hand." Hudson was swamping in dopamine.

Hudson was Angelo's fellow man, who was an FBI agent. Angelo had sent him the documents of Jose Santiago's racketeering, Hijacking drugs, murderers, extortion, gambling, money laundering, and an endless list of his crimes spread across many other countries.

Of course, Angelo had asked Antonio to give him Jose Santiago's property, but it didn't mean Angelo had made any promise to him that he would not topple him.

Hudson didn't like Angelo's work but recognized it as he helped him to bring down the wrongdoers, it mutual benefits when he didn't have to kill some people, and sometimes, he made huge profits from their downfall through short-shelling.

Hudson informs him they are going to raid Jose Santiago's places, wrapping up anyone who was involved with him also.

Angelo watched Calvin trotting toward him from the entrance.

"Gotta go, man. Thanks for busting your ass for this. Now it's my turn. Talk to you later."

"Ok." They hung up.