Extra

"But you said before you were coming this evening?" Noah's voice was low and gloomy, as he palmed the phone over his ear.

He was perched at the kitchen island. He'd been planning a romantic dinner night with Angelo. Now he was scribbling absentmindedly on the sticky notes, where he had been writing the grocery list before Angelo called him.

For two weeks, the man had been overseas for business. He'd told Noah on their last call that he would be coming this evening, but now he was telling him he wouldn't be back home until tomorrow afternoon.

"I thought too until this meeting," Angelo said.

Tied up with his work and these different timing zones between them, they were barely able to talk. If Noah was waking in the morning while on the other side, Angelo was exhausted from work, coming back to his hotel room.

"I'm sorry, Hikari. I know, I have said that I would come today."

Noah wanted to tell him if he felt sorry he should be here with him. Although he was trying his hardest not to be sore by this information. Putting the pen back, he shoved his hair back away from his face; his hair had grown mid-length in these over the four months. While working on his novel, he'd missed many things, and one of them was to see his barber. Although Angelo liked his hair this way. Habitually the man's fingers would thread through his hair and play with them.

Angelo continued, "What are you doing now—working on your manuscript?"

"No," he responded briefly. But he didn't tell him that his novel was already printed and prepared to hit the shelves of bookstores tomorrow. Today, he wanted to surprise Angelo and wanted him to read the novel.

His amber gaze hoisted and stared at the white lilies next to the window; they were from Angelo delivered to him yesterday. He was eagerly awaiting Angelo's arrival today. He was more wretched than he could have imagined. And he knew, It's not because he wanted the man to definitely read his novel.

Noah wet his dry lips and finally admitted, "I miss you, Angelo."

A beat went by in silence between them.

"This is the first time you told me this," Angelo said, amusingly.

Noah snorted. "But you haven't said it once. Are you even missing me?"

Angelo chuckled. "You have no idea that missing you is the hardest thing I have to deal with in these two weeks."

Noah bit bottom lips mercilessly, preventing his lips from curving into a stupid smile. "Then you should have been here, today, and tell me this, how much you missed me."

"Amore mio, there I won't tell you but show you how much I miss you every day."

Noah's stomach did flip-flop. The thought of it itself set him off on fire. He didn't even want him to know what he meant by this. He was the man who had pushed Noah's sexual boundaries that he only could think of shamelessly. They were great together and they were compatible on the bed.

"Then come and show me, I'm waiting," Noah said with a crooked smile.

"Look at you, being all bold and cute." Angelo laughed. When Noah took initiative in the bed he intrigued Angelo's interest, downright fascinating the man.

And then Angelo asked him about his day, which was going to start by going to the supermarket. But he would tell him about yesterday when he went to the orphanage and visited his parents' graves. After Angelo went overseas, Noah was having dinner with Angelo's family; his stepmother, Cecilia had told him so, and Noah enjoyed having dinner with them. Before he used to eat alone at his home. And He'd spend his free time: once he played video games with Augustus and with other guys; and Noah learned he was sucked at playing video games, Cecilia would teach some Italian dishes; like he used to learn from his mother, and Angelo's father would teach him about plants; None of his children is interested in learning about plants, but he liked Noah was interested genuinely.