CHAPTER 33

Noah sighed with despair while he stared at the door that was slammed over his face by the man who was too disgruntled with his hangover to give any damn about him. He didn't even let him tidy up the mess he had created. He thought to converse with the man later since he was not feeling well. He veered his feet around and strode across the hallway to the elevator.
An absurd, but incredible idea sneaked into his brain about abducting Angelo and marrying him in a church appeared promising. Nonetheless, he summed up that he couldn't touch that Giant Elephant when the protection was tight in the Moretti compound. Not to mention, he himself psyched up Moretti's security by notifying Calvin in the morning that Costa might have commissioned the people to get rid of Angelo.

He pursed his lips, as he clicked the screen to open the elevator, and then had another despairing sigh as he entered the elevator.

He strutted into the main house instead of going to Em's place. Em was busy-maybe reporting the shit about him, he reckoned.

He caught the sight that no one could tell there had been a blow-up a few days ago when the furnishing of the house startlingly was undeviating.

"Noah." Cecilia looked at him, sitting at the dining table, trimming the orchid flower stems with a scissor, and while Ben served her the tea. "Come here, sit with me."

He sauntered over to the dining table, and before sitting down, he informed the butler, "Ben, Angelo is asking about you." Sure thing it was a total lie, but the man wouldn't disregard his butler help. Ben took off without inquiring about anything.

As he sat down Cecilia offered him some tea, for which he didn't decline. After she poured the tea from the prettiest teapot into the prettiest tea cup he had ever seen, she put the cup in front of him and he took a sip of the herbal tea. The left her was the untrimmed flowers while the other side she put the trimmed flowers. And there was a blue transparent vase was near the flowers.

She glanced back at him, "How's Angelo?"

'Complete holy mess.'

However, he didn't want her to be worried when she was already in a colossal grief of her children. He was confident, Angelo didn't desire her to worry. "He's doing fine."

Her forest green eyes darted at him for a moment he felt Augustus gazing at him when they both peculiarly worn the same resemblance. Her lips curved into a smile as if she could see through his lie and then her attention returned to trim the flowers. "I am glad he stayed here. I might have not taken notice of him since I am grieving for her. And then Augustus... I just want him to be fine and going to take revenge for her... you know, these men don't tell me anything, but I understand some things when we are living under the same roof..."

"May I ask you something?" His forefinger remained on the rim of the cup of his held.

"Go ahead."

"Do you blame Angelo for- Aurora," he tripped over his tongue, but he asked anyway. She glanced back at him as her hands paused. "Is he blaming himself?"

He nodded his head in response and her eyes rue and unsettled briefly, her hands carried on to the shortened and slanting from flower's stems. "I told him not to be burdened with the guilt that her death was not his fault because, I don't blame him-You know, he has been always Aurora and Augustus' Fratellone who they adore, admire and love him always and he also love them equally... And I wouldn't be watching my children getting grown up if it were not for Angelo saving them that time, then how can I even blame him for something he was not responsible for."

"That time?" he asked, It was not confidential to anyone, Angelo is habitually proactive to the people he loves. And being the mob boss, you inherently make enemies who are on your ass to screw you.