CHAPTER 22

The last thing he recalled was fainting in Angelo's arms when he told him about the painting he made of Noah. How he had seen him in his dream before he even met him. Something which had been a reality for him while for Angelo it was a dream.

He sat in a chair, around a rectangular table, near the large open window. The blissful wind blew through him as the banging sun across the sky was arrested by the white oak tree.

He was in a library, and not in any library, but in Queen library where he used to work, and where also newbie Amelia worked, the witch who recommended The Respected Mafia to him, in which he had transmigrated.

"Noah." He looked across at the table. Amelia was seated opposite him, holding The Respected Mafia novel opened in her hand, and she smiled at him.

"Is this a dream?" he asked.

"This is not a dream. I am manipulating your subconscious to communicate with you. And I can do it just for once. So, We don't have much time, you will wake up soon. I don't know where to start... where to tell you things.." As she stumbled upon her words he spoke brusquely,

"Then why don't you start, How you dumped me in a novel world without my agreement."
Amelia stared at him with surprise. As if the calm and polite Noah could not be an asshole to anyone. However, Noah was a polite man with women especially. And it's being polite when he could not slap her for circumstances.

Noah knew Amelia for a couple of weeks before he transmigrated. She is an amiable, reserved person who worked in the Queen's private library. And If she knows some witchcraft he won't be wondered as nothing explains the circumstance he had been shoved into.

"Look, I'm sorry for it. Will you forgive me? But I have my reasons to dump you in this world without your agreement."

"I will think about forgiving you. Just start your explanation," Noah had already forgiven her, as the reason Angelo happened to be the second most nice thing to him. Well, still, his parents come first.

She asked him frankly, "Before I say anything I need to ask if you love Angelo?"

Noah didn't dwell at all and replied to her quickly.

"I do love him." She looked relieved. Putting the respected mafia novel aside, she put her hands on the table, fingers intertwined.

"As you already know my name is Amelia. And I am a witch who offers service to people who need our help." Noah's first question should be if she was a fraud. However, he had already experienced the freakish phenomenon of reacting to it at all.

"Do you remember once I told you about deep slumber?"

"Yes- you told me, If you go into a deep slumber you will sleep for years, like a healthy person, just sleeping, but eventually you will die because there is nothing that can save you except true love, right?"

"You remember it right."

"But wasn't it a myth?" he raised an eyebrow in a question.

"It's not a myth. It is arising among humans even though it's immensely rare to become victims of it. but humans suffer from deep slumber and no one can help. This is where witches come and help them and wake them up from their deep slumber."

"You are telling me that I am in deep slumber?"

"You are not in deep slumber. It's Angelo. He is in deep slumber." she informed him.

His lips trembled as he asked to be affirmed "Wait a minute, you are telling me Angelo is not some character from a novel, he is from the real world..."