CHAPTER 28

Noah woke up feeling refreshed and better and with a heartwarming smile on his lips, not only was the new bed damn cozy like his bed, but also, he kinda remembered that Angelo took care of him, that's why he slept like a baby when he had a fever. Having a fever didn't seem awful to him, if it would make Angelo less mad at him. Or maybe make him forget about it.

But still, he wondered as he sat up in the bed, if Angelo had really forgiven him or if it was just some fantasy of his. Anyway, he would ask him, he thought as he stretched out his body, and yawning with his mouth wide open, he looked through his narrowed eyes across at the clock on the wall, the hour hand tickling eleven.

He could hear an indistinct voice coming from the living room, which meant, Angelo hadn't gone to work, but had stayed for him. With a chuckle of delight, he ruffled his hair. He was overwhelmed by Angelo's affection, maybe, therefore he was thinking he would be doing everything because of him, but he would like to think this way at the moment, even if he was staying for another whole reason.

He climbed out of the bed, and he quickly snuck into his clothes, which he found on the chair, near the bed. He took a brief look at himself in the mirror. He had never given much thought to his appearance before, but with Angelo, he wanted to look the best for him. His fingers ran through his hair to comb up his untidy hair, and then, wiped up his morning sleek face with his palms, and then, he rubbed them back on his hoodie.

He puffed out a deep breath before he turned to leave the room. He wanted to see Angelo, was he still mad at him, or he'd really forgiven him? if he wouldn't forgive him, he understood in what position he'd put through Angelo the previous night. But he would do his best to get his forgiveness, no matter how much time it would take.

When he stepped into the hallway, leaving the door open behind him, he could hear canned laughter coming from the living room.

Either a stand-up comedy show was going on in the living, which seemed ridiculous, not because it's impossible, but because the previous night was traumatic, so It didn't seem like the appropriate to hold a stand-up comedy show, instead of searching for who was behind the incident, or likely, Angelo was watching a sitcom, which seemed funny, as he seemed like a very serious man, who had the best laugh in the universe. He was kind of-who he was kidding, he was thoroughly tantalized to sneak up and watch Angelo laughing.

However, when he stepped into the living room, his mood turned sour because he didn't find Angelo in the living room, but Leo, sitting on the white couch in front of the colossal telly and watching Friends on Netflix.

"Leo, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, good morning master, I came with Em. He is at the door right now," he said, without taking his eyes off the telly.

"Where is Angelo?" but he could answer him. Em interrupted them as he came through the entrance hallway.

"Nice timing, you woke up."

Noan looked at him, he was holding a container in his hand.

He moved toward him and passed him the container, explaining to him, "Madam Cecilia made this soup for you because you have a fever- you were sleeping so she decided to not disturb you." It seemed everyone knew he had a fever. He took the container, and asked him,

"Where is Angelo? Is he at work?" He expected Angelo to take a few days off since someone was trying to kill him. Or maybe it did not matter as his house also didn't seem free from danger. Still and all, it is safer than any place.

"No. he is in the main house."

Em moved and sat down beside Leo on the couch.

Noah didn't ask him anything. He felt hungry. Therefore, he polished off the hot chicken soup instead of sipping his regular black coffee, and then cleaned the container in the kitchen sink. After that, he went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth and took a quick shower, he wrapped himself in a shirt, over a hoodie jacket, and a pair of jeans. Looking at himself in the mirror for the last time, he popped out of the room. He found Leo in the hallway.