ARC 1 Demon Slayer - 1.0

[Welcome to the world of Kimetsu no Yaiba, known as Demon Slayer in your set language. I will now be sending you the timeline. You must do your best to reform the villains of the story.]

The mechanical voice rang through Kyoko's head as she rose up from the ground - body peppered with bruises from the previous soul's fall from the mountain. 

"How far along the story timeline are we? Also, where-" She hissed as she pressed on her rib cage. "Y'know what, tell me where the nearest shelter I can go to without passing out. This is the second time you transmigrated me to a near death situation."

[If you have a formal complaint, please file it to the star system. There is a hut 50 metres southwest of where you are. It is habited by a family but they are currently not there.]

She stumbled across rocks, her bare feet ached and caked in mud. "What's the goal this time? Become the canon fodder who saves the protagonist from near death again? Do you know how much it hurts to get stabbed?"

[This time, your objective is to aid the Demon Slayer Corporation so that in the final battle,  there would be no casualties.]

"DO YOU- ow- KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS?"

She stopped as her shouts echoed as birds squawked at her outburst. She sighed and glared at the harsh sun. "Do I at least know if I get a cool power up or something?"

Silence.

"Oi." She grumbled. "Are you expecting a body that's merely flesh and bones to help fight six separate demons, one that has a technique second to none than sun-breathing, to-"

[You'll be powerful enough if you turned into a demon.]

Once her feet crossed the hut's clearing, she was startled. Tripping over a rock, she fell face first - effectively knocking her out.

"COME ON!" She grumbled as her consciousness faded away. 

_________________________________________________________

"Hey? Are you alright?" 

Blinking, Kyoko's eyes finally focused on a pair of concerned eyes the color of obsidian. She coughed as she tried to sit up. The petit lady in a orange kimono hurriedly brought water to her lips.

"I cleaned you up and some of your wound managed to heal over the 3 days you were passed out. How did you get into such a serious condition?"

"I fell down a cliff and stumbled here. I'm sorry if I caused you any inconvenience." Kyoko rasped.

"No no, it's ok! Do you have anywhere you can go to? I can house you for a couple of days. However..." Kyoko finally noticed the lady's pregnant stomach as she glowed in happiness. "This little one is coming soon. My husband went out to get a midwife. Oh! He's the one who found you near the house. I hope he gets back soon, it's getting dark."

"Congratulations!" Kyoko smiled back at the lady. "Do you know their gender? OH - WHAT'S THEIR NAME?"

As the two conversed, the lady named Uta suddenly paled. "Oh no, the contractions are starting."

_________________________________________________________

"Congratulations! It's a baby boy!" Kyoto passed wailing baby to the tired Uta as she began to clean the mess around them. 

Thank god I had experience helping out at a hospital as a midwife's assistant.

She watched as the new mother coo-ed at the baby. Before Kyoto could take a rest from the stressful situation, alarm bells ran through her head.

[Host. Warning. Demon approaching.]

Without hesitation, Kyoko grabbed Uta's hand and hid. Stuffing the baby's mouth with a cloth she found, she prayed to not be heard.

"What's going on-"

"Shhhhh." She covered Uta's mouth with her hand, muffling the rest of her sentence. "There's a demon outside the house."

What do I do, what do I do? I don't have the power to fight a demon right now! Both of us are weak and it can't be another 5 hours till the sun rises! System? System!

Kyoto listened as the creak of the floorboards got louder and louder.

"Yahoo? Is anybody home?"

Grinding her teeth, Kyoto finally made her decision. "I'm sorry for this and thank you for your kindness. I'm taking your kimono." She whispered to the lady beside her.

"Wai-"

 "Stay put. Hide." Taking the orange kimono stained with blood from the pregnancy, Kyoto bolted out the door, creating as much noise as possible.

Please work please work please work! Why am I doing for someone who I just met? Oh Kami-sama, please take pity on me. 

"Oh? Found you!"

[Host, dodge to the left!]

She felt wind near her ears as she fell toward the left. Turning around, she watched pieces of her hair float down as the demon walked closer to her. His eyes glinting like he's relishing her suffering.

"I smell a child on you. To think there's a woman and a child in such a shabby place! It'll be a good meal. A really good meal."

Death. The smell of blood and decaying flesh was all around her as Kyoto tried her best not to gag. The only weapon she could find to defend herself was a thick stick beside her. Scrambling up again, she ran with the demon behind her laughing with ridicule. 

"Be thankful I like to toy with my prey before I eat them. Do you know how you - humans - hunt their prey?"

Gasping, Kyoko felt her calf burning from opening a wound. Gritting her teeth, she continued to run. 

"They wait till their prey get tired out..."

[Host, there's a swordsman near you. Turn right and keep heading straight!]

"And then.."

Pain. She felt as if she was struck by lightning on her back. Collapsing, she tried to drag herself away, pulling at the dirt with her fingers until they too, gave out. 

[Host! Host!]

"We're done? This isn't fun."

I'm done. This is it. 

[Host, I need you to stay awake a while longer. Help is almost here!]

"Uta!"

As her consciousness faded in and out, she heard metal clashing. Uta? Who knew Uta? Was it her swordsmen husband she told her about? 

I am so gonna complain to the star system about my luck.