1.3 - Jinxed

"What a pity.....useless...."

Drowning. Kyoto felt as if there's a heavy current dragging her into the depths of the ocean. How long has she been there? It felt timeless.

"....leave.....disappointed...."

Who was it? It felt...familiar. Where has she heard this voice?

".....experiment.....before....back...."

The pressure of the water suddenly lowered. Taking her chances, Kyoko swam upward, the voices around her getting clearer and clearer.

".....blue spider lily. I thought this girl would be the key. Let's leave."

Kyoko tried to open her heavy eyelids, yet her body refused to comply. She wanted to know who that man was. The only person who would mention the spider lily was -

"MUZAN!" A shout shook the earth.

That....sounds like an angry Yoriichi. Did...did something happen to Uta?

There was sounds of fighting and rapid footsteps running away. She felt someone approaching closer to her, only to kneel down beside her.

"^&^*^%^"

She couldn't understand what the voice said, all she felt was a sense of hunger. The delicious, metallic smell wasn't helping at all.

Delicious metallic smell? That doesn't seem right!

Finally snapping her eyes open, she scrambled away from the man dressed in red. "Stay away from me Yoriichi!" She felt both her stomach and fangs aching. Sinking her fangs into her arm, she tried to distract herself.

"Kyoko-"

"MMph!" When she looked at Yoriichi, she stopped moving. Taken aback from her image reflected in his eyes, she shuddered. Hair matted with blood, clothes almost in tatters, and finally, a pair of eyes that reminded her of a lizard- a desperate and hungry snake.

"Kyoko, stop it!"

She felt her arm being yanked away from her mouth.

"Yoriichi, I'll accidently harm you and-"

She was cut off by something else being stuffed in her mouth. Gnashing her teeth, the item broke.

"A tree branch? Seriously Yoriichi? A tree branch?"

"I guess your reasoning is still there. Where's Uta and Masayori?"

"..."

"Kyoko, where are they?"

"I sent them away ok? I don't know where they headed to, I just told them to go far away from here."

"How did you know Muzan was-"

"No. I can't tell you. Not now."

Huddling in a corner of the house furthest from Yoriichi, Kyoko then curled into a ball. "Also stay far away from me. The smell of blood on you is... I don't know if I'll hurt you."

"Understood. I'll go search for Uta - I'll be back. I trust you'll keep yourself in check."

"At this rate, just kill me."

"I will never do that."

"Even if it means putting your job in the corps at risk?"

"..."

"What?"

"...I was let go by the corps."

"PFHTTTT-"

The stoic man watched as his friend laughed at his predicament. She looked almost human, if not for her eyes and nails, she could pass off as human at a glance.

"Ok, ok! Your first priority is to go find Uta and pick me up later. I can't believe *wheeze* the great Yoriichi, creator of the first breathing style got fired!"

Yoriichi merely sighed.

"What direction?"

"The west! HAVE A SAFE TRIP!"

Kyoko watched as the ex-slayer finally became a dot in the horizon. The eyes that shone with glee just a moment ago quickly dulled.

I'm sorry Yoriichi.

Standing up and patting herself down, she went to what remained of her room to change into spare clothing.

It's time for me to leave.

[Host, at this rate Uta and Yoriichi will not find each other till tomorrow.]

I know.

Stopping to look at the house she met them on least time, she took a bow toward it then ran eastward.

Her newfound powers felt strange. After running for a while at maximum speed, she didn't feel tired. She didn't need to eat, but the hunger pangs annoyed her.

If Nezuko can sleep this off, I can too.

[Host, now you're a demon, it's easier to do your main task.]

What was my main task again? Finding a ruined temple, she hops into the shade, taking shelter till the sun passes.

[You're suppose to reform all the villains. Your other goal was to save the demon Slayer corps with Tanjiro]

You got to be kidding me. She facepalmed herself. You know that Muzan is undeniably stubborn-

Her eyes widened in realization at what she has done.

[Host you won't die from saying his name. Similar to Tomoyo, Yoriichi scared him when trying to save you - to the point he released Muzan's control on you.]

Thank goodness. She sighed in relief.

Finally feeling the drowsiness taking over her, she closed her eyes.

Good night system.

[It's morning host.]

....Shush.

Author's corner:
Exams over, I flunked them all. Have this short chapter. I promise I'll make em longer, been busy.