1.7 - Gyutaro

Kyoko rested on top of an old building, watching pedestrians drinking away night sorrows.

[Rashomon Riverbank. The lowest ranks in the entertainment industry hang here. What are you planning host?]

Kyoko brushes her wet bangs away as she puts on a festivity mask she had created using her own flesh. It was a ceramic white fox, decorated with pink details as it smiles at the viewer.

The red light industry is just a legal disguise of human trafficking. The girls here are practically slaves.

Walking towards a shop with a familiar logo, she entered the building.

"Welcome to Taiko, how may I- oh."

The worker managing the front desk stopped as they spotted Kyoko.

"Welcome back Lady Kyo. Should I contact the manager about your visit?"

"No need," Kyoko shook her head before heading towards the ready-made clothing aisle, "I just need to grab some essentials. Before I go, withdraw me some money."

"Will ten thousand yen be alright?"

Kyoko nodded as she shifted through lines of clothing, even picking up some sweets.

"Here it is Lady Kyo, have a wonderful day!"

"Thank-you."

The worker bid Kyoko farewell as she left the store with everything she needed.

[Stealing the idea of opening a well known store from Muzan was a smart move host.]

You were also the first to doubt me.

[You still haven't answered my question, what are you doing here host?]

You'll see.

--------

[This....]

Kyoko watched from afar as a young boy gets repeatedly beaten by a haggard woman. The boy was silent through the entire session.

"...hey you."

The woman continued the beating, as if ignoring her.

"I want to buy the boy off of you."

Kyoko threw a sachet of money toward the woman. The sound of coins clinking seemed to wake the woman from her crazed actions as she scrambled to collect the coins. The boy quietly laid there, watching his mother's actions.

"This is a deal right? I get to keep him?"

"There's only 3 thousand in here. Are you trying to scam me? I can sell him for way more-"

More clinking could be heard as the woman enthusiastically nodded her head. She began to count the money with greed glinting in her eyes.

Kyoko entered the dilapidated building and gently picked up the boy. His seaweed head was filled with lice and dust while his clothes reeked of sweat.

I need to get this kid cleaned up.

Kyoko left the woman behind, sneering at there silly grin as they hugged the newly acquired coins. She headed towards the closest inn with the system's guidance.

"..."

The boy was silent the whole way. To Kyoko, he felt like a skeleton- extremely light and boney.

"What's your name?"

"..."

Why am I even trying.

Kyoko sighed as she entered her reserved room. She dumped the kid onto the futon and crossed her arms. Kyoko knew she had to wait for the kid to speak.

"...why?"