1.13 - You Left

Kyoko's mind churned with the weight of her discoveries. The revelation that Muzan might have consumed a sample of the blue spider lily opened a door to a new realm of possibilities and dangers. She couldn't shake the haunting image of Muzan, entwined with the essence of the elusive flower, wielding its power to further his dark ambitions.

The system's voice echoed with curiosity, [Host, the implications of such a scenario are profound. If Muzan has indeed consumed it, the extent of his abilities and the potential challenges you face are immeasurable.]

"You think I didn't know that?" Kyoko started pulling her hair, stressed. "I need to find someone who can help me access the classified information. If Muzan possesses the power of the blue spider lily, understanding its effects becomes crucial to stopping him."

[You have someone in mind already, don't you?]

"I don't know if they'll take me back." Kyoko hesitated at the outskirts of the Entertainment District as she watched people hustling around her.

Kyoko couldn't help but marvel at the drastic change in atmosphere. The neon lights illuminated the streets, bustling with a blend of demonic and human activities. The scent of various goods wafted through the air, and the once chaotic energy of the district seemed tamed by the presence of commerce.

As she walked, memories of her past encounters in the Entertainment District resurfaced, adding an extra layer of complexity to her emotions.

She reached the entrance of a luxurious building, a stark contrast to the memories of the district she once inhabited. The reception area was adorned with opulent decorations, and a well-dressed receptionist acknowledged her presence.

"I'm here to see Lady Kyo," Kyoko stated, her voice unwavering despite the underlying tension. The receptionist, not recognizing her, stopped her in her tracks. "You cannot meet Lady Kyo without the proper reservation miss."

Kyoko sighed, realizing that the transformation of the Entertainment District extended to its bureaucracy. Her past actions had severed many ties, and reclaiming her place required a different approach.

"I understand the protocols," Kyoko replied, her tone respectful. "However, this is something Lady Ume would understand."

The receptionist's eyes shook, "Please wait a minute."

Kyoko nodded, patience etched across her features as she waited for the receptionist's response. The atmosphere within the Entertainment District had shifted, but Kyoko hoped that the mention of Lady Ume, Gyutaro's sister and now a prominent figure in this domain, would open a door.

After a brief moment, the receptionist returned with a subtle change in demeanor. "Lady Ume will see you. Follow me."

As Kyoko entered the office, Ume looked up from her desk, her eyes widening in surprise. The vibrant and cheerful woman had transformed into a successful businesswoman, managing various ventures within the Entertainment District.

"Kyo," Ume greeted her, a mix of emotions flickering in her eyes. "I thought you were dead."

Kyoko met Ume's gaze, the weight of her past choices evident in the air. "I'm alive, Ume. I left to protect you and Gyutaro."

Ume's expression shifted, a complex blend of emotions surfacing. "You say that now, but you left us without a second thought. Gyutaro was broken when you were gone, and I had to pick up the pieces. I felt betrayed when I thought you were dead, and I mourned for you at the funeral."

Ume's eyes welled up with tears, a storm of emotions threatening to drown the room. "You left us alone, Kyo. I thought you were gone forever. I mourned for you, and you weren't even dead."