1.11 - Blood Memories

"If that's truly your choice, so be it."

Kyoko watched as both demons vanished from her sight. 

"But remember, you won't be able to escape the fate I've set for you."

.

.

.

.

[Host, three hours have passed since the encounter. What are your next steps?]

Kyoko, having used this time for introspection and regaining her composure, found herself standing alone beside the river. The shadows that once danced with her internal conflicts now seemed to ebb away, leaving room for a dim, tranquil glow.

"I need to stay focused on my mission," Kyoko declared, her voice determined but tempered. "Stopping Muzan and protecting the corporation remain my top priorities. I've finished the side quest already by changing the fates of majority of the Upper Moons. I don't think Doma and Hantengu will have a change of hearts anytime soon."

Kyoko considered the options ahead. "First, I need more information about Muzan and his plans. The encounter with him revealed a familial connection. I need to uncover the truth about this body's lineage and find a way to stop him."

The system's voice acknowledged her words with a subtle hum. [Understood, Host. The higher ups have allowed you to access some of the body's memories.]

---------------

In the quiet recesses of the mindscape, fragments of memories began to surface. Scenes from a life that wasn't entirely her own played before her, a montage of moments that gradually wove a tapestry of the body's history.

She saw glimpses of a family, a loving mother, and moments of happiness tainted by an ominous presence lurking in the background. The memories were fragmented, distorted by the chaos of demonic transformation. But amid the haze, a figure stood out – a man with cold, calculating eyes.

Then came the shearing pain; red paint across the walls as the figure dissected the body whilst forcing her to consume his blood. Those cold ruby eyes merely stared as the body writhed and spasmed on the cold, hard, ground.

 Kyoko struggled to comprehend the depths of the cruelty inflicted in front of her. Muzan was not just a puppet master; he was a sadistic force that had torn apart the fabric that was of the previous host.

As the memories of the painful transformation continued to unfold, Kyoko gritted her teeth, feeling a surge of anger. 

"Where's the previous host? Is she still here watching even after she has become something she hated due to my mistakes?"

[...]

"Speak up."

The system's voice hesitated before responding, [The memories indicate that the previous host's consciousness has been overshadowed by the demonic transformation. It's likely that she's no longer fully present within this body.]

Kyoko's anger simmered as the implications of her actions sank in. The previous host, a victim of Muzan's cruelty, had been overwritten by the demonic legacy she inadvertently unleashed. 

"Enough, stop here. I see something." Kyoko whispered through gritted teeth. The river seemed to echo her frustration, its waters swirling with a tempestuous energy. 

The system's voice broke the silence, [Host, the information you seek may be fragmented and distorted. Approach with caution.]

In the midst of the disarray, a moment caught her attention — a brief glimpse of a connection between the previous host and Muzan before the demonic transformation. It was a puzzle piece that seemed to defy the narrative of victimhood.

Kyoko's eyes narrowed as she concentrated on that particular memory. The river's currents mirrored the intensity of her focus, responding to the energy coursing through her.

"System, enhance and isolate that memory."

The system complied, and the memory unfolded with greater clarity. A young woman with hopeful eyes, stood before Muzan. There was an air of uncertainty around her, and Muzan, with his cold, calculating gaze, seemed to weave a subtle web of influence. Their conversation, though muffled, carried an undertone of coercion.

"System, enhance the audio. I need to hear what they're saying," Kyoko demanded, her focus unyielding.

The system complied, and the conversation became clearer. Muzan's words dripped with a honeyed malevolence, "My dear, your lineage carries a certain prestige, and I understand the burdens that come with it. Your family's standing in society is a delicate matter, and I can offer a solution that transcends the limitations of mortality."

"What do you mean? How can you possibly—"

"Ah, my intentions are altruistic, my lady. I can grant your child power, longevity, and influence that surpasses the bounds of this mortal realm. Imagine the prosperity and glory your family could achieve with such a gift."

"But at what cost? What do you ask in return?"

Muzan's malevolent laughter echoed in the mindscape, a sinister soundtrack to the unfolding revelation.

"A mere pact, my lady. A bond that ties your child's fate to mine. In exchange for this extraordinary gift, they'll becomes a vessel for my essence. A small sacrifice for the greater good, wouldn't you agree?"

Kyoko's eyes widened as the pieces fell into place. Muzan, preying on the high status of the original host's family, had orchestrated a deal that involved the exchange of power for servitude. The original host had unknowingly become entangled in a pact that would lead to her tragic transformation.

The system's voice broke the silence, [Host, what do you make of this discovery?]

"She wasn't even born yet," Kyoko whispered, her voice filled with a mix of disbelief and sorrow.

[Host, remember you're here on a mission. These are only some characters you've never interacted with.]

With a deep breath, Kyoko shifted her attention back to the unfolding memories.

"System, let's continue exploring. What other memories hold information about Muzan's plans and weaknesses? I need every piece of knowledge to confront him effectively," Kyoko stated with determination.

[Prepare yourself for the journey, and we shall proceed.]

Kyoko nodded, her eyes focused and mind prepared for the revelations that awaited. The memories, like fragments of a shattered puzzle, held the key to understanding Muzan's plans and weaknesses.

The mindscape transformed once again, its ethereal landscape shifting to unveil new scenes from the body's past. As the memories unfolded, Kyoko remained vigilant, ready to extract every piece of information that could aid her in the relentless pursuit of Muzan. What she didn't prepare for was the person's image that would soon reveal themselves to her.

".....Rengoku?"

Author's note:

Merely a sacrifice for a woman who had materialistic needs. Seems like Kyoko and Muzan always has the same idea on how to deal with stuff. I wonder why. 

Seleneasha here! Here's an extra chapter this week dedicated to @Rose_H2345. Also, remember that sometimes you'll see someone's memory through their bloodline in the KNY lore! Kyoko's merely going through the memories of Muzan with the help of an overpowered system, (who's restricted, mind you) and his blood flowing through her. 

Not much of a cliffhanger and very rushed. Too much revelations going on in these chapters and too fast paced- therefore I won't reveal her choice yet. Also don't forget to vote!