1.12 - A Fiery Red and Flash of Blue

"......Rengoku?" Kyoko whispered, her voice a mix of astonishment and uncertainty. 

The Flame Hashira, a powerful and respected warrior in the Demon Slayer Corps, stood before her in the mindscape. It wasn't Kyujuro, but the flaming yellow hair with red tints allowed Kyoko to recognize their lineage. 

The system's voice remained silent for a moment, as if allowing Kyoko to absorb the unexpected presence of Rengoku within the realm of memories.

[Host, it seems that the threads of your memories are entangled with those of Muzan. The mindscape might reveal connections that extend beyond your personal experiences.]

Kyoko, still processing the revelation, looked at Rengoku with a mixture of curiosity and caution. The Flame Hashira, though a revered figure, was not someone she had interacted with directly in her past.

Muzan's eyes, fixated on Rengoku, gleamed with a sadistic delight. "You, Flame Hashira, are nothing more than an insignificant flame in the face of my power. I've killed countless like you, and your fate will be no different."

Rengoku, undeterred, ignited his sword with a fierce flame. "I may be one flame, but the flames of the Demon Slayer Corps burn brighter than any darkness you can conjure."

"I can see where Kyujuro got his high spirits from." A small, bemused sweat drop formed on her forehead as she witnessed the fiery determination mirrored in both the Rengoku in Muzan's memory and his future great grandson son, Kyujuro.

Muzan, his eyes narrowing with disdain, prepared to strike. "Enough words. Let your flames be snuffed out by the abyss."

As Muzan lunged forward, the clash between the fiery determination of Rengoku and the engulfing darkness of the demon lord sent shockwaves through the mindscape.

Rengoku's sword danced with flames, each swing leaving trails of fire that illuminated the darkness. His movements were precise, a testament to the rigorous training of the Demon Slayer Corps. The Flame Hashira fought not just for himself but embodied the collective will of those who stood against the demonic menace.

Muzan, on the other hand, wielded shadows as an extension of his malevolence. His attacks were swift and unpredictable, a dark dance that sought to envelop and consume. The demon lord's eyes glowed with an otherworldly intensity, and his laughter echoed through the mindscape like a haunting melody.

The mindscape itself seemed to react to their clash. Waves of memories surged and ebbed with each strike.

Rengoku, fueled by the unwavering determination to protect, pressed forward. His flame-infused strikes clashed against Muzan's shadowy onslaught. The flames struggled to illuminate the abyss, creating an otherworldly display of light and darkness.

Muzan, his patience wearing thin, unleashed a surge of demonic power. Dark tendrils lashed out, attempting to ensnare Rengoku in their suffocating grip. Yet, the Flame Hashira dodged and parried with unparalleled skill.

The fight reached its peak as Rengoku unleashed a technique that engulfed his sword in an even more ferocious flame. The flames roared like a mighty inferno, pushing back Muzan's shadows and momentarily dispelling the encroaching darkness.

In that brief break, Rengoku spoke with unyielding conviction, "The flames of the Demon Slayer Corps will never be extinguished. As long as there are those who stand against your darkness, Muzan, your reign of terror will crumble."

Muzan, infuriated by Rengoku's opposition, launched a final assault. The ground quivered under the strain of their clash, and Kyoko braced herself for the culmination of their intense battle.