1.6 - Liar's Escape

"Lady Kyo!"

"Lady Kyo."

-----------------

'Lady Kyo' watched Douma grow. What she couldn't predict was his attachment to her growing as soon as his parents died.

"You won't leave me, Lady Kyo. Is that right?"

His rainbow eyes shone with tears as droplets wet Kyoko's kimono. He clutched her in a tight embrace.

[Host.]

I know, he's acting. She began to pat the 16 year old on the back as Douma continued to sniffle. Douma finally shuffled to face her, eyes with reddened rims to prove he had cried just moments before.

"Everyone worships and prays to me. Adults will come crying to me, telling me how they were in pain and they wanted me to lead them to paradise. I would wonder if these people were crazy, but you know what I realized?"

His crazed eyes glinted, reflecting Kyoko's figure in a murky rainbow haze.

"I was the crazy one. The amusement park. What you created was the paradise I've been searching for."

Kyoko felt his hands tighten on her shoulder as he grinned.

"It would be horrible if the creator of such paradise left me. I will continue to support you with my cult as long as long as the paradise continues to thrive."

"I don't need your support."

Kyoko pried his hands off her shoulder.

"Lady Kyo-"

"Lord Douma, that's enough. If this is what you meant by important matters, I think we're done here."

Kyoko stood up to leave.

"You're going to make the entire Paradise Faith your enemy?"

Kyoko's hand stopped at the door. This is getting ridiculous.

"Lady Kyo, I don't know why you approached me 6 years ago, but I don't think it's because you wanted to make enemies."

Douma's shadow crept closer to Kyoko as she sorted out her thoughts.

What is he trying to pull?

[Host, I am not omniscient.]

"Lady Kyo, what is it you want from me? I can give you anything, including the cult. As long as you continue to welcome me to your paradise, I will-"

"That's enough."

Kyoko turned around to glare at him.

"I've told you, we're done here."

I need to get out of here. Kyoko gripped the door and slammed it open before running at almost an unhuman speed. I didn't think things will go this far.

[What would you do now?]

"Lady Kyo, you can't leave-"

Pushing the attendants aside, she continued her way toward the exit. She dodged as another attendant attempted to tackle her onto the ground.

I really regret underestimating Douma's psychopath-ness.

Kyoko bursts out of the building and continued to run into the forest. She weaved through the trees until she heard water running loudly downstream.

Turning around, she could see flames dancing as she was hunted down by the cult.

"There's no where to run Lady Kyo. Your guards are knocked out, no one can help you."

An attendant told her as he stumbled out.

"Your leader planned out all of this, didn't he."

More attendants corner to the cliff, as if urging her to plunge into the waters below.

So Kyoko did just that.

"Tell him 'sayonara' for me, would you?"

Before the attendants could reach her, she launched herself off the cliff and into the water's embrace.

------------ SYSTEM ERROR REPLAYING DATA----------

"Douma, why is there an empty spot over here?"

Gyokko pointed towards a hole in the collection of skulls.

"It's a spot reserved for a particular person!"

Douma blissfully grinned as he continued to dust a skull at hand.

"She's amazing! She could bring us to Paradise but sadly," he stopped to turn as the ruined rollercoaster cart in the room, "I have no idea where she is. Although, I do know someone is still running her businesses."

"Gehehe are you perhaps in love? What's her name?"

"Love? No, it's just pure admiration. She went by Lady Kyo when I met her. The strange thing about that is -" Douma tapped his chin as he fell into deep thought "- that name has been registered to that business for more than 50+ years since before I met her. She was quite young looking too."

"Was she a demon?"

Douma shook his head. "No, she could interact with me even in the sun. No demon should be able to do that."

"Maybe she's the sun breathing demon Kokushibo was searching for! Something about how he saw her practicing in the sun. It's been how many years since he saw her?"

"Kokushibo is old, he probably saw wrong back then. 'Lady Kyo' name might be a title passed on within the business to build trust. Tch, business tactics."

The two continued to discuss, not noticing themselves being watched by a man in a black Yukata. His ruby eyes flickered.

"You now go by 'Lady Kyo?' Kyoko, I should have let you die back then."

Author's Corner:
Life is hectic, sorry for the wait and short chapter.