1.5 Douma

For the next 50 or so years, Kyoko nearly drove Hantengu crazy by talking about morals and why it's not a good idea to be evil. The poor demon couldn't escape from where he was, nor could he ignore the demoness as she was his only way to the outside world.

"Oh Hantengu~ Guess who's back~"

Kyoko appeared a few meters of Hantengu as he jumped from surprise. Carrying packs of blood, she threw them toward Hantengu, along with pieces of raw animal meat.

"I saw Kokushibo the other day and man, was he mean. He saw me trying to copy Yoriichi's sun breathing and chased me out of the forest. If the sun wasn't rising, you won't have someone to talk with anymore~"

The demoness ignored the whimpering demon crying from being thrown at as she continued to babble about her journeys outside of the domain.

"Oh right! Hantengu, if I let you out of the domain, would you promise me you won't harm anyone?"

The demon nodded vigorously as the demoness patted his head.

"That's a deal then! If I find you eating humans or committing unacceptable crimes, I'll find you and put you back in here, got it?"

The two shook hands as the world around them disappeared, bringing Hantengu into a forest.

"I need to leave now, don't forget you can't go into the sunlight!"

Kyoko left the confused Hantengu as she ran away.

[You're cunning host.]

Dear system I don't know what you mean.

Once she was far enough away, Kyoko snapped her fingers. She soon felt her mental awareness leave her domain. She was now in a room with lotus paintings hanging on the walls.

[Giving Hantengu the illusion of freedom, but having him trapped in his perceived reality... Are you not afraid when it's time to stop an upper moon you'll run out of mana?]

Stretching, Kyoko's eyes flickered to the shadow luminated by the candlelight.

That's why I'm meeting my little guest tonight.

When the door slid open, a man bowed towards her.

"Lady Kyo, the Lord will now see you."

'Lady Kyo' smiled gratefully at the man as she stood. Following the man, they quickly arrived at a large sliding door.

"I shall take my leave."

Kyoko was left alone to stare at the door decorated with intricate lotus patterns. Grabbing the handles, she slowly slid it open.

"Welcome again lady Kyo, to Paradise Faith. Please have a seat!"

The boy sat on a comfy cushion-like throne, surrounded by blooming lotuses on cloth. His smile that reached ear to ear contrasted with the empty rainbow eyes.

"It is my pleasure to be here Lord Douma. Thank-you for your hospitality." Matching his smile, she sat across from him. "Let's further discuss our partnership."

"Ah yes! Where did we leave off last time?"

"My 'donation' to your organization has a condition with it."

"Right! The condition...."

"You'll go on a private date with me on a new project I'm working on."

Douma's eyes slightly widened, as if surprised. "Lady Kyo, even with the great honor with knowing such a great business woman as yourself, I could not possibly-"

"I'm targetting children with this service and I need someone to judge it. Do not get me wrong, I have no interest in finding a partner yet."

"Oh I see!" Douma clapped his hand once in understanding. "What is this project about?"