New School

I entered the school and a grand anxiety had alright run down my spine. I was overwhelmed with a big school. Many multi-colored lockers filled the halls, only separating at classroom entrances. There were many people, not many seemed to stare at me, which was good. I didn't want to be an attraction. Being "The New Kid" isn't fun.

I walked through the hallways, looking from door to door. "Room 208.. Room 208.." I muttered to myself. "There.." I said, finding my classroom.

As I opened the classroom door, the teacher spoke up.

"Alright everyone, settle down. We have a new student joining us today." He spoke.

As the voices went quiet, everyone's eyes seemed to have been pointed my direction. I looked down at the floor trying not to focus on the peering eyes.

"His name is Finney Blake." The teacher introduced me. "Finney, you can sit in the back, next to Robin Arellano." He said looking towards me.

I looked towards the back, seeing a boy with medium length, dark hair. He had a blue bandana around his head. He seemed slightly annoyed as he took his bag out of the empty chair next to him, which I assumed was mine. I walked over and sat down.

As the teacher started talking, I noticed how Robin was not paying much attention to the lesson. I didn't try to think much of it, but I couldn't help but feel curious.

The lesson soon ended and as usual I took a bit longer than everyone else to pack up my things. I headed to the bathroom to wash my hands, when I realized I was suddenly pushed to the ground.

I looked up and I saw 3 boys standing above me. One had short, red hair and dark green eyes. The other two had brown hair, one of their hair being straight and medium length, the other being curly.

As they stood above me, staring down at me smirking, one of them spoke up.

"So you're the new kid, huh?" Said the one with medium length brown hair.

"Kinda weak." Said the other brunette boy, kicking me in the leg.

I stared up at them in shock and fear. The only thing that was going through my mind was the thought of repeating the bullying I experienced from my old school.

One of them started to speak, but got knocked down next to me. I tried moving away from him a bit, then looked up to see what was happening.

It was Robin. He was beating up the guys who had been bullying me. He seemed to have been hurting them pretty badly. I was expecting that he was going to hurt me next. To my surprise, he looked at me and held out his hand. I grabbed his hand as he helped me up.

"You ok?" He asked, starting to wash the blood off of his hands.

I looked down at the kids who were previously bullying me then back up at Robin. "Yeah- I'm alright. Nothing new honestly."

Robin looked up at me then back at his hands, wiping them off. "You're Finney, right?"

"Yeah," I started "You can just call me Finn."

"Alright Finn." Robin looked down. "I'm Robin. These guys are assholes." Robin stated, looking back at me from the bullies.

"Lets get out of here, I don't really like standing around these guys." Robin said, breaking the pause.

As we were walking in the hall, I spoke up a bit.

"Thank you." I said.

"It's no problem. People shouldn't just bully kids for no fucking reason." He replied, obviously annoyed.

"Sorry." I said, feeling guilty.

"No need. It's not your fault. I'll see you around Finn." Robin said, entering his next class.

I smiled at the thought of Robin being kind to me. I'm glad he wasn't rude or anything. I tried to hide my stupid smile as I walked into class.