Robin?

Warning: use of slur

As I walked to school, I didn't see Robin at all, which slightly upset me, but I just figured he was at school early, or running late.

I decided to go straight to class, hoping he was there, Matty, Matt, and Buzz didn't come at me, they just stared at me, so I hoped Robin was in the classroom.

Unfortunately, Robin wasn't there. I hoped he would have just been late to class, which he sometimes was, but Robin never turned up.

During the whole lesson I kept looking over at the door. I kept hoping Robin would walk in just being late to class. I know I should've been paying attention, but I just couldn't take my mind off Robin.

During lunch, I was able to muster up enough courage to sit at Vance Hopper's table. He was the toughest guy in school, but I knew him and Robin were close.

As I sat down, I was worried Vance was going to be mad at me, maybe yell or hurt me, but I hoped against it.

"Hey Vance?" I said calmly, hoping he wouldn't be mad.

"What?" Vance said, turning around angrily. It appeared though that when he turned around he became calmer. "Oh, you're Finney Blake, right?" Vance said.

I was shocked by how calm Vance became when recognizing me. He kind of scared me a bit, but I managed to stay calm.

"Yeah.." I said still shocked.

"Robin talks a lot about you." I heard Bruce Yamada say. He was a friend of Vance, he had short, black hair and was often smiling.

"Too much about you actually, it gets annoying." Vance stated. I couldn't tell if he was serious or was teasing me.

"Do you need anything Finney?" Bruce asked.

"Actually, yeah; Have you seen Robin at all today?" I said, trying to hide my concern.

"No, sorry Blake." Vance said. I slightly cringed at the idea of being called my last name.

"You can just call me Finn." I said calmly. I felt glad that Vance Hopper wasn't very mean to me.

I saw Matty staring at me, and I think Vance noticed as well. I tried to just ignore them but Vance looked back at me.

"Are those the assholes Robin talked about?" Vance said, sounding protective.

I was still very shocked on how kind and protective Vance was. He was portrayed as the mean scary bully, which he somewhat was, but thats not all to him.

"Yeah, but its whatever." I said, trying to ignore Matty, Matt, and Buzz, and the topic in general.

I saw Bruce smiling at Vance and slightly nodded towards him, which made me wonder about what they were thinking.

"You can stick around me for the day, since Robin isn't here to help you with those shits." Vance requested.

"I'd like that-" I said, shocked about the amount of generosity Vance had been giving me. "They aren't to bad though." I commented since they haven't messed with me recently.

After lunch, Vance walked near me in the hall, but he mainly talked to Bruce. They were both slightly taller then me, but not by much.

I sighed thinking how silly it must look of me, a weak kid, walking with the schools toughest kid and schools popular boy.

We started to wak by Buzz, Matt, and Matty when I heard one of them start to mutter.

"Fag" I heard Matt say as we walked passed them. I tried to stay calm but I looked back as I heard Vance get angered.

"You shut the-" Vance started, moving towards them a little, but Bruce quickly grabbed his wrist stopping him from being physical.

"It's fine, Vance." I quietly spoke hoping to ignore any fights.

Vance looked over at me then started walking again. "Whatever." He sighed.

"I have to go now-" I said turning to Bruce and Vance. "Thank you-"

"No problem!" Bruce said, looking over at Vance.

"It's fine Finn." Vance said, looking away.

I walked away into my next class. I was worried about Robin. Though it was nice of Vance ad Bruce to walk with me in the hallway, it felt weird. They were more of protecting me, but Robin was my friend. He is my friend.