"I've never seen him cry"

Tw: Mentions of abuse

ROBIN POV!!

I walked down to the gas station with Vance and Bruce. We were all goofing around, a couple shoves here and there. We kept joking around and laughing with each other until we got to the gas station.
At the front of the store, Finney was sitting on the ground, and he didn't look too good either. He had a bruise and cut on his face. We all instantly stopped laughing and I walked towards Finney quickly, squatting down next to him.

"Finn? What happened?" I asked him. I heard the sternness in my voice, which I guess was a bit misused, but I was worried. Not like I was Finn's protector or anything, none of that bullshit, I just- love him to damn much.

Vance then walked over, grabbing Finn's arm, trying to help him up. "Jesus kid, what happened?" He asked.

I stood up as Finn got up with Vance. He was quiet. I hated when he got quiet in these type of situations. I knew he hated all the confrontation, but it annoys me so much.
I knew my face was softer than I would've wanted, but I didn't really focus on that.

"You okay, Finney?" Bruce asked, a reassuring smile on his face like usual.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Finn replied, Bruce nodding.

"Alright, we were just about to get some snacks if you want any." Bruce suggested.

Finn nodded in agreement, Vance messing his hair up a but before putting his arm down. We all walked into the store, grabbing some snacks.

I couldn't help but worry about Finney. I knew he said he was fine, but he just seemed more upset than usual. I mean- the saddest I seen him was just him sniffling and stuff. He's a fighter, he usually takes all the bullying like a champ. This time though.. it's different.

After getting our snacks, we sat near a park. We started goofing off again, but Finn still seemed upset. He was laughing weakly, but he just didn't seem like himself.

"I'll be right back. Bathroom." Finney said, Bruce nodding.

"Mkay." Bruce acknowledged.

I looked at Finney anxiously as he walked towards the bathroom. He looked at me for a second before looking where he was walking. I sighed slightly.

"Okay Robin, whats up. I get he's like- your best friend boyfriend or whatever but somethings bothering you." Vance said. He sounded a but unserious, but then again ready for a serious conversation. He's kinda always like that.

I look at Vance before sighing and sitting up straight. "I'm going to check on Finn." I stand up, Vance and Bruce looking to each other. I couldn't really tell what emotion that was, but it wasn't going to stop me from checking on Finney.

I walked into the bathroom a bit slowly. The door closed behind me and I looked towards the stalls. All the stall doors were open, so I walked down to the last one, looking for Finney.

As I got to the last stall, I saw Finn sitting on the floor against the stall wall, crying. I've never seen Finn cry. Maybe a couple sniffles or something but never full tears. And it wasn't even just a tear or two, he was fully crying.

"Finn?" I spoke up softly.

Finney looked up to me as I spoke, wiping his eyes a bit, but he kept crying. He stood up and step towards me before just crying in my arms.

I didn't know what to do. I slid down to the floor, Finney following me down. I hated seeing him cry.

"Can you please tell me what happened?" I spoke, my voice slightly above a whisper. Finney kept sobbing and just shook his head.

After a pause, I decided to speak up again. "Was it Matt, Buzz, and Matty?" I asked. Finney shook his head. Finn shook his head no again. I sighed, knowing the other option.

"Your dad?" I asked again. Finney nodded, sobbing against me. Despite him crying so much, he was so quiet with it. I couldn't even hear him when I came in. That's what worried me the most.

"He-he just-" Finney tried explaining, breathing in between sobs. "He was really mad." Finn's voice broke as he cried against me.

My heart sank a bit. Fuck, I just wanted to cry then. I didn't even know what to say. I just held him as he cried. I didn't want him to cry. I never want him upset.

After Finn calmed down a bit, we both came out of the bathroom.

"You feel a bit better?" I whispered to him. Finn nodded towards me, giving me a small smile.

"Were you guys making out in there? What took you so long?" Vance teased, eating one of his chips. I flipped him off, Finney laughing softly. I'm glad he was actually laughing now. As long as he was feeling better.

"Hey uh- wanna come to my place?" Bruce asked, Vance and Finn nodding.

"Sure." I shrugged, all of us standing up as we started walking.

Finn and Bruce walked a bit in front of me and Vance. They seemed to be talking or joking, couldn't really tell honestly.

"Seriously though, you guys okay?" Vance asked me quietly. "Finn ok?"

I nodded slightly. "Yeah just uhm- some shit happened. But uh- he was crying." I stammered.

"He seems okay now. That's good, right?" Vance asked.

"Yeah, yeah." I nodded as a response, looking down at the grass as we walked.

"...You okay?" Vance asked in the same tone he asked about Finney.

"Yeah its just- I've never seen him cry before, you know?" I reply, trying not to sound to soft or anything.

"Okay." Vance responded, both of us continuing to follow after Bruce and Finney.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow look who finally posted again