Friends

Warning: Use of slurs.

I was walking to school with my sister, Gwen, when I heard a familiar voice.

"Finn!" I heard the voice call out.

As I looked back I saw Robin running up towards us. Gwen looked up at me confused.

"Is that Robin Arellano? I've been here for a day and I already know he's the second toughest guy at school!" Gwen whisper-yelled as Robin grew closer.

"Hey! Glad I caught up with you!" Robin said, coming up to my side.

"Hi" I said, slightly smiling. "Oh uhm Robin, this is my sister, Gwenny." I said introducing her, but she seemed worried and annoyed to be introduced to him.

"Hey Gwenny." Robin said, looking back up at me.

"Hi." Gwen said, looking at me annoyed.

"Welp it's time we go to class-" I said, breaking the awkward tension. "I'll see you later Gwen!" I said to my sister, walking with Robin to class.

"It's Friday-!" Gwen said, walking to her class as well.

"Oh, yeah" I muttered to myself looking down at the floor.

"What does 'it's Friday' mean?" Robin said. I could feel him looking at me.

"Gwen goes to her friends house on Fridays, so I have to-" I said, stopping mid-sentence.

"You have to what?" Robin said, I could sense a tone of slight concern and confusion grow in his voice.

"I just have to walk home alone." I said, trying to divert attention away from the topic.

I sat down in my chair and quickly grabbed out my notebook. Robin sat in his chair but his body was faced towards me. He seemed to try continuing the conversation.

"So like, does she just sleep over at her friends every Friday or like-" Robin started, but I quickly cut him off.

"Pay attention- stop focusing on me." I whispered, still writing notes from the lesson.

"Fine," Robin whined, adjusting himself to face the front of the classroom. "This is so boringgg" Robin complained quietly, laying his head down onto the desk while looking at me.

"Deal with it," I said jokingly, slightly looking down at his eyes. "It isn't that hard, anyways." I said, focusing back on the teacher.

"Maybe for you." Robin teased, placing his head into his arms. He stayed like that most of the class, so I assume he slept through most of it.

As the bell rang, I quickly packed my things and walked out of class, Robin being slower to pack his things.

I walked out into the crowded hallway as I heard a voice.

"Hey fag!" I heard a voice call, as a got slightly pushed, but I managed to keep my balance.

I looked over and saw the same boys from the day before.

"You're lucky your boyfriend was there to help you yesterday." The red-headed one spoke.

Robin walked up next to me and looked at the boys then directed his focus on me.

"Hey Finn, what's going on?" He asked, looking at the bullies once more.

"Nothing." I said looking at him.

The 3 boys started walking the other direction. I was relieved. I'm glad Robin was there to help me. Oddly, I felt safe with him. Not like a normal safe though, it felt strange.

"Were those shitheads bothering you again?" Robin asked me.

"No, it's all good." I said, looking down at my feet as I walked with him.

"Alright." Robin sighed, he sounded like he was caring for me a lot. I looked up at him again as he started to speak.

"Can you come over my place later? I don't understand the math work we have to do." Robin chuckled.

"I can't- it's Friday." I said, trying not to go into detail. "I can lend you the notes, maybe we can meet Saturday at the park so I can explain a bit more." I suggested.

"Sounds good. See you around Finn!" Robin concluded, walking to his next class.

I like hanging out with Robin. It makes me feel a way that I can't really explain. He makes me feel so safe and cared about. This is so stupid of me. We have known each other for 2 days and I have already made a bond, a really strong bond with him.