SLYTHERIN

Summers are lovely, especially at Hogwarts

Summers are lovely, especially at Hogwarts. I waved goodbye to my mother as the light breeze of the train station hit my face. The Hogwarts Express was as mesmerizing as ever. Tom followed me and we gave our luggage and pet to another conductor. Finally, I will be away from home. I climb inside and start making my way to the Slytherin compartments. We reached the very back of the train and a smile immediately appeared on my face as I saw the occupants of one compartment. Theodore Nott, Caroline Pucy and Aria Lestrange were sat there. The compartment was the only one big enough to squeeze all of us and everyone knew it was claimed. "Draco!" Said Aria as she jumped up and hugged me. Aria was a free spirited, carefree girl, she excelled in studies and sports as well. And oh did I love that about her. She was my cousin too.

Then came Caroline, she was bubbly and full of excitement, you could always count on her to cheer you up. Then Theodore who was rather serious and stern but soft around the people he loved.

I had two friend groups, this one and another full of my goons. I preferred this one much better as I could be myself around them, they were practically family since first year. "And who is this lovely lad behind you." Care (Caroline) smirked.

"He is the newest addition to our group so treat him nicely." I said giving them playful warning glares. "Come sit," I motioned over to Tom.

"Theodore Nott," Theo stuck his hand out and Tom shaked it. "Marvolo Slytherin." Tom said when Theo froze hearing the last name. "Can you by any chance talk to snakes?" Aria smirked, clearly getting hold of the situation.

"Yes actually, I can."

"Awesome! So guys how are we pranking the Gryffindors tonight??" Aria asks. This was our annual first day back tradition.

"Okay, I think I have a plan!" I said smugly as I started whispering it to them.

After a long journey, the train halted and we reached Hogwarts. "Finally!" Care screamed as everyone gave her looks, "Whaaat, I'm hungry." She finished getting up quickly.

"Hey, everything okay?" I asked Tom as he replied with a curt nod, taking our baggage down. "Just excited to see the look on the old man's face." He said smirking to himself.

The first year's sorting ceremony as usual was boring but something we had to sit through. Once all the kids were sorted, "M-marvolo Slytherin." Professor McGonagall stuttered as the whispering in the hall hushed. Tom strode down the hall, full of grace towards the stool and took a seat.

"AH! A true descendant! I have been waiting ages for this, I indeed am an old hat. Let's see, ambition, hunger, wits and power. SLYTHERIN!" The table burst with applause louder than the time Potter got sorted. I looked around for Potter's face to find it completely dumbstruck. Tom took a seat next to me. He squeezed my thigh and smiled and at that moment I swear it was just the two of us in the Great Hall. "Part one of our plan completed." He smiled and I couldn't help but admire it, my face turning crimson.