Of Life And Death

In this poem, Life and Death are lovers, for one simply cannot exist without the other.

My mother bangs my head against the wall while she wishes for my death. She doesn't know that I wish the same for me too.

In this poem, Life is a beautiful petite woman with sunkissed skin, brown hair and green eyes. Death is quite the opposite. She is tall, with pale skin, raven hair and black eyes.

I tell my mother about how the boy who claimed to like me did me wrong. She tells me that boys are like that sometimes, immature and untrustworthy; often controlled by their head down there and not the one attached to their neck.

Life is cunning, selfish and cruel. Death is peaceful and serene.

I find myself missing him at times. No let me correct that. Not him. Not quite. But the idea of him. Of us. Of what we could have been. Of what I could have been. I often find myself mourning the loss of a love that was never really there to begin with. Because the possibility of us was way better than the reality of him.

Death sits under a tree. Life rests her head on Death's lap. They don't talk much.  They don't need to, for love isn't always expressed through words. All that matters is that they are there for eachother as there is no Life without Death or Death without Life.

A/N:- If you liked this, then please vote, comment and share. Your support means a lot <3