Another Love

Protect. That's my role, to protect. To fight. To be thrown into the ring when someone who can't fight for themself is being faced with a battle they can't win. In another life, maybe I could be just another person. But I was raised on another love. A different love. A violent, defensive love. In another life, if I had another chance, it'd be a good love. A strong love. But the lyrics resonate with me too damn strong. The song is too damn loud. And if somebody hurts you, I wanna fight. But my hand's been broken one too many times. So I'll use my voice, I'll be so fucking rude. Words, they always win, but I know I'll lose. I fight. I protect. I raise my voice, screaming at the top of my lungs. I won't let you hurt them. I won't let you kill them. I won't let you touch them. They won't hurt like I did. They won't know pain like I did.

I was raised on another love. A love that isn't defined by flowers and soft words. A love that isn't gentle hugs and quiet nights. I was raised on a violent love. Fight for the affection, wage war against your human traits and become nothing but theirs. A puppet, a soldier, a robot. Anything. I broke out, but you can't uproot a tree and still expect it to stand. I was raised on another love, and I will stand in front of every damn bullet whether I want to or not. I will stand in the way of every word, blade, bullet and fist. I will scream and hold my hands over my ears. I will cry and ignore the words of warning. I will stand in front of you, even if I hate everything about you.

Maybe it's because I believe nobody deserves the pain more than I do. Maybe it's because it's in my nature. Maybe it's because I have another love. A love nobody else will ever understand, even if they tried. I'm going to be strong, that's what they always wanted. That's what they always needed. So I'll be strong. I won't cry. I'm always okay. I wanna fall in love but you matter more, so you go first. And if you get hurt, don't worry about it. They'll wish they never fucked with you.

I was raised to protect. To fight. To be strong and fake. I was raised on another love.