023; seal the deal

just friends just friendsjust friends

just friends
just friends
just friends

-
"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON BETWEEN YOU AND MATT?" tilly asked, bursting into cameron's room with her phone in her hand.

cam screeched in fear, tripping on her laptop charger and falling to the ground face first. she tried to break her fall with her hands but she ended up with rug burn from the floor.

"what the hell tills?!" she exclaimed and tilly just blinked, finding it funny for a second. she didn't want to fall off track from her purpose though because the moment she did it would only give cam an opening to do that thing she did when she subtly changed topics.

the girl was weirdly good at avoiding talking about her feelings.

"explain this." tilly responded, sitting on the floor next to cam when she sat up.

"aw i missed this." cam laughed, noticing that they were coincidentally sat in the beanbag corner of her room where they used to spend practically every afternoon of middle school together.

"answer the question."

"c'mon tills we haven't been here in months, and school starts tomorrow, which means we probably won't be here for five million more months." cam was practically reminiscing, moving herself to sit on the bean bag next to tilly.

the past two weeks for cam were just constant working and spending time with her family at home. her and tilly had barely seen each other. especially since tilly had to work herself at a job she hated but never actually quit.

now that the school year was starting they were able to actually see each other way more now. which was why tilly went straight to her room when she saw an edit on tik tok to remind her of something she had been meaning to talk to cam about.

"oh we can reminisce all we want. you know how much i love this place. but i also know that you are going to do everything in your power to avoid explaining what the fuck is going on between you and matt because i need some kind of fucking explanation for the shit y'all have been pulling since the last week you were in LA." tilly spoke firmly, pointing at cameron who only groaned, throwing herself back onto the beanbag and covered her face with her hands.

"i don't want to talk about matt."

"i don't care. what in the world is going on cam? since when do we keep things from each other." tilly frowned and cam shook her head.

"no tills i'm not keeping anything from you i'm just- i don't know- i'm just a little confused right now. and the moment i talk about it with any of you it becomes too real." she explained and tilly grabbed the girl's hand and tugged her so she would sit up.

tilly held both her hands softly and forced cam to make eye contact with her. she knew cam was only ever going to bottle up her emotions because that was what she conditioned to do as a kid. tilly wouldn't allow it though.