Prologue

It's true what they say. "Right person, wrong time." I have experienced the happiest and saddest of days with him. I have laughed more and cried a little less with him. I woke up every morning with him on my mind and went to bed excited to dream about him too. I wanted him to be a part of every part of my life. He consumed every thought and invaded every dream.

Now. Now we're back to where it all started -strangers.

"It's been almost four years, Leah. If it is meant to be, he will find his way back to you." My friend, Sarah, tried to comfort me. I appreciate her trying, although it's just not that easy. She has been patient with me over the years and I wonder how she does it. I have been an absolute wreck and the most unbearable person. Well, at least for the first few months after it happened. I slowly started to accept everything, but I just couldn't get over it. It wasn't the actual break up [if you can even call it that] that ripped my soul out and shattered my heart to tiny pieces. It was not knowing what the reason was – is. A million different questions flooded my mind. 

Did I do something wrong? 

Was I not good enough? 

Am I not pretty enough? 

Did he get bored with me? 

Was my love not enough for him to stay, to fight for us? 

 I couldn't come to any conclusion to any of these questions, because he is the only person who has the honest answer to any of them. My mind even blew the thoughts so out of proportion that I thought I was just a game, a challenge. That he only wanted me because he couldn't have me and when I finally fell, he left me to keep falling until every piece of me was shattered. My heart will never be able to accept it if that is the reality.

Had I meant nothing to him?

"I know he will, but I can't wait forever. I won't wait forever. I need to start living my life and put myself out there again." I tried to sound confident, but I don't know who I was trying to convince, Sarah or myself? Truth is, I don't know if I will ever be able to fully put my heart on the line again. I already lost a piece of my heart. Will someone come and give me a piece of theirs to fill the empty void or take another piece and leave my body completely heartless?

Yet, I can't help but wonder... does he still think about me, about us, like I do?

----------

New story. 

I can't wait to take you on this journey!

All my love, Charne x