Chapter 2

Christian 

Today is not the day for anyone to even breath in my direction. My employees know how I feel about them slacking and not giving their absolute one hundred percent. We almost lost a very important client because one of these morons didn't know how to do their job right. He was fired on the spot, obviously. There is a reason why AS – Alias Security – is the top security company in New York city. 

Owning a security company was never my dream, but when my grandfather passed away and I found out he left the entire company to me, who was I to turn down such an opportunity? When I first stepped into the company there were a lot of flaws. A lot of people were let go because they didn't have what it took to work in a company like this one. Obviously, when my grandfather fell ill, he didn't have the energy to worry or see the flaws in his company. Luckily, it didn't take me long to gain control over the business and its employees, even though I was just eighteen at the time.

Tonight, I have a business meeting with a potential investor. This can mean a ten- million- dollar deal for AS, if all goes well. I have no doubt it will. I have my way with words, if I do say so myself and I know a good opportunity when I see one. I wouldn't have been where I am today if I hadn't. I know people, especially my employees, call me ruthless and I am okay with that, because I'm not here to play games and be their friend.

I head out of the office to the hotel I am staying at. I do have an apartment here in New York, but sometimes when it gets too lonely and quiet, I like to switch things up a little. Plus, I never bring a girl into my home. So, whenever I need a release, it is in some hotel. Today's brunette will do the trick. After the day I had, I really need to blow of some steam. Most days I settle for the shower and my hand, but I am a man and a man has needs. It does help when every woman who looks my way is more than willing to throw themselves at me. They make it so fucking easy. Well, I am no saint as long as I end my nights with a pleased soldier. It's all casual sex, no feelings attached. EVER. I won't go down that road, not again. Another reason why I don't mind people calling and seeing me as ruthless, because that's exactly what I am. That and heartless.

I left my heart with her, back home. A place I'll never return to.

Preparing for this meeting came naturally. I have dealt with plenty of big investors before, but I think this one will be interested in more than just business. If my research on Charlotte Von Ashberg is correct, she is looking to invest in not only my company, but also, me. She is known to get a little too personal with her business associates. I, on the other hand, like to keep things strictly professional when it comes to my clients or business associates. She is just another pretty face with a smokin' body, waving around daddy's money. But, if daddy's money will make my security company one of the best in the world and not only New York, who am I to complain?

On my way to the restaurant, we agreed on having the meeting, I have my assistant go through my schedule for the following week. It's Friday and I almost never take a break from working, only when I have to sleep, but this weekend I felt like taking a well - deserved breather and enjoy the best of what New York city has to offer. Well, that will be interesting since I'm addicted to my work. As soon as I have a minute to spare, I start thinking about the past and I can't have that. I'm only taking the weekend off, because I can feel my body is starting to give in under the pressure of long hours and minimal sleep.

We already had a table booked so we walked straight through. It is in a secluded area at the back of the restaurant as this is still a business meeting and I don't want to compete over the chatter of other patrons. Louise, my assistant, and I am early so we order a bottle of wine while we wait for Charlotte and her father to arrive. I would rather be early and on time than late. I will never be late, not even by a second, for anything. Selfishly, I expect the same attitude from every person I encounter.

As soon as Charlotte and her father arrives, five minutes late – might I add, we get straight down to business. No sweet talk, no bullshit. I know what I want out of this business deal and I expect the Von Ashberg's to know what they want too. Otherwise, this meeting is a waste of time. When our food arrive, is the only time we lay back on the business talk and enjoy the welcoming atmosphere and light Italian background music. I must say, I have never been to an Italian restaurant in New York before and I am quite impressed.

In the distance I hear laughter that sounds oddly familiar, but that can't be, it's probably only my imagination. I look around the restaurant of which I have full view since we're in the corner over- looking the entire room. I spot the table where the laughter is coming from, but I can't see who it is. I can only see her blonde hair flowing down her shoulders to her mid back. She has a beautiful back from what I can see and fuck that red dress looks stunning on her beautifully tanned skin. I shake my head to get myself out of my own thoughts and return my attention to our table where one of my biggest investors are sitting.

"So, Mr. Armani, does that sound like a deal to you?" Charlotte's father asked, holding out his hand as a gesture to seal the deal. I return the gesture, shaking his hand with a satisfied smile. "You've got yourself a deal, Mr. Von Ashberg." Pleased with how well this meeting went, we finished the expensive bottle of wine.

"Maybe I can come by your office tomorrow morning so we can get the contract signed." Charlotte whispered into my right ear before pulling away with a seductive smile on her face. I know why she wants to be the one to handle the contract, because she wants a little fuck on the side. Like I said, that's not happening. Maybe if she wasn't a business associate, as of tonight, I wouldn't have declined.

"Unfortunately, I will be out of office for the weekend, but please feel free to leave the contract by Louise. She will make sure the contract is on my desk, ready for me to sign first thing Monday morning." Charlotte's face dropped a little, before she mastered another smile with a slight nod. Satisfied that I dodged her attempt to get into my pants this time, I know it won't be her last and that might be a problem.

Throughout the rest of the meeting, my attention drifted towards the woman in red. I don't know why, but something about her presence feels awfully familiar. I swear, I know the guy she's sitting with from somewhere. He's definitely not a celebrity, wait - he works for me. Of course! I think his name starts with a 'L'. Could it be Larry? No, that doesn't sound familiar. Lucas? Luke? Logan? Yes! It's Logan. I have over a thousand employees all across New York city, there is no way I can remember every single one of their names, but I am one- hundred- percent certain his name is Logan, because he is one of the few I personally interviewed when I first took over the company.

I wonder what he could be doing with a stunning women like her. What the actual fuck am I thinking? He's not just my employee, he also has a personal life. Why am I even questioning that? Well, that guy most certainly hit the jackpot.

Good for him.

----------

Ladies & gentleman...Christian Armani. [p.s. if you've read my book "My dad's best friend" you will know that I love the name 'Armani.' Although, there is no connection between this book or my other books!]

Things are about to get interesting!!!

Until the next chapter!

All my love, Charne x