Chapter 1

Leah

"You can do this." I tried to convince myself while staring at my reflection in the mirror. I never had the patience to learn different hairstyles so my naturally straight hair flowed down my shoulders to my mid back. I chose to wear a red evening dress with black Versace heels that I got as a gift for my birthday this year. An expensive gift, might I add. I am feeling confident that tonight is going to end up with me, a glass of wine and sad movies while a random guy is going to go home and take a nice long, cold shower. I am only confident in the latter because this red dress can work miracles. Straightening myself and running my hand down the silk dress, I give myself one last look in the mirror before heading out for the night.

Waiting for a cab my phone rang. "I promise I will fill you in on all the details once the night is over." I stated to Sarah before she can even say "hi." I heard her little giggle through the screen before she continued, "That's if the night ends. Who knows...maybe it will be a - morning after – kind of date." I rolled my eyes even though she can't see me. "It's not a date." I deadpanned. This wasn't a date. It's merely two acquaintances having dinner to get to know each other a little better. That's it. Totally platonic.

Stepping out of the cab and onto the side walk, I stare at the entrance of the Italian restaurant we decided to have dinner at. Suddenly the two big brown doors felt like they're going to swallow me whole. Maybe I can just turn around and leave? Yes, that's a great idea. I'll just let him know I got the flu or food poisoning or maybe even diarrhea. I can feel my hands starting to shake and my legs feel like they are going to give in at any given moment.

I swallow hard before finally entering the two doors to my own downfall. The place is spectacular, the dimmed lights and beautiful interior almost immediately calmed some of my nerves. "Good evening, Miss. Do you have a reservation with us?" The kind old man, in a black and white uniform, ask me. "Yes, I do. It's for Leah Whitlock." I smile politely, trying to calm down the rest of my nerves. It's just one dinner with an acquaintance, I try to remind myself. 

It wasn't long before the kind man showed me to a beautifully set table. The candle and wine glasses set a very romantic mood. This wasn't a romantic date. If I had my say I wouldn't even be here, but Sarah basically forced me to go out with Logan after we met at the coffee shop. He accidentally bumped into me on his way out of Starbucks. It's so cliché if you ask me, he was in a hurry, I just wanted my morning coffee after my morning run and then boom. He bumped into me, I yelled a little, he apologized, asked if we could get dinner sometime and you know how it goes. Totally cliché. 

Sarah obviously saw it as an opportunity for me to get laid and forced me to say yes to this dinner. There is no turning back now as I am sitting at this beautifully set table in this very fancy Italian restaurant waiting for him to pitch. 

What if he changed his mind about this dinner? 

There goes my mind again, overthinking. Would I even be upset? I don't know. I think I wouldn't really mind, but a part of me would feel hurt. Just another man entering my life and leaving as if it meant nothing.

I quickly set my thoughts to rest and a shaky breath, that I didn't know I was holding, escapes me. He's here, he showed up. A small smile drew across my lips as he walked across the room to where our table was. It was in the corner of the restaurant so we had some privacy from the loud chatter across the rest of the restaurant. I stood out of my chair to greet him with a friendly hug. 

He smelled really good and he looked handsome. He had this whole 'old money' style going on with his chino pants, white button up shirt of which the top two buttons are left undone. His blonde hair looks like he only dragged his hand through it once, yet he looks effortlessly sexy. There is no doubt this man can get any woman he wants, but I am merely here because of Sarah and because I didn't want to sit at home on a Friday night like I have been doing for the past few years. On the rare occasion I went out, it was either for business meetings or when Sarah dragged me along to some night club she discovered.

Both of us take our seats and I immediately start to feel those nerves bubbling back and I just know I'm going to embarrass myself in front of this Greek god. Thank my lucky stars he starts the conversation because I am awkward as hell. I don't know, the cat probably got my tongue or some shit. Whatever it is they say.

"You look absolutely breath-taking tonight, Leah." Logan compliments me and if the way he looks at me as if I am a whole damn snack isn't enough to send electric waves down my entire body, I don't know what is. Calm down, Leah. Get your shit together. "Thank you. You clean up well yourself. Although, if you want to spill coffee all over me again, you will have to buy me a new dress. This one was quite expensive." I replied jokingly. There was a tension between us for no reason what so ever. We barely had a decent conversation, but his whole demeanor is just so...enchanting. I would let him do things to me - wait – no. Stop thinking with your vagina, Leah, I remind myself.

"I do apologize for that. I don't go around spilling coffee on everyone, but maybe that day it was fate." I raise my eyebrow at his comment with a little smirk. "Fate, you say?" I leaned with my elbows on the table before continuing in a slight whisper, "I just think you wanted to see me all wet." Oh, good gosh, what am I saying? I have lost all my marbles. Is there any way to evaporate into thin air, because if there was, now would be the time to do exactly that. "Wow, aren't you something different miss..." he trails off waiting for me to fill in the blank. "Whitlock." I said short and sweet. That's it, be normal.

As the night went on, we continued with small talk. Of course, he flirted here and there and I replied in an awkward way because I haven't flirted with anyone in well, a while. That much is obvious. Turns out he is quite a business man and works for one of the top security companies in New York. Apparently, his boss is as ruthless as they come, but a billionaire none the less. He just sounds like a complete dick to me, but whatever. When our food was served, we ate in silence, but only because the food here was fantastic. 

----------

We're just getting started. Believe me when I tell you, things are about to get juicy and maybe...a bit hot...

Turn those notifications on for the next chapter because you don't want to miss it! 

All my love, Charne x